Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Suzuki ay50 no spark

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Bryan, 17 Jul 2017
Bryan#1
Back again with a different problem so the suzuki ay50 has no spark a new one is about £45 so I'm thinking of changing the cdi/coil for separate ones so just want to clarify a couple of things before I do looking at the wiring diagram there's 4 wires RED from the pickup BLACK & WHITE which is ground BLACK & RED which goes to the ignition and
WHITE & BLUE which goes to the regulating rectifier so my question is where does the white and blue wire go on the new cdi? I'm thinking it must be this power. Also when I took the battery out it had swelled up as if it was bulging at the sides would that be an issue with the regulating rectifier? Could that have damaged the cdi/coil? Thanks
Bryan#2
Back again with a different problem so the suzuki ay50 has no spark a new one is about £45 so I'm thinking of changing the cdi/coil for separate ones so just want to clarify a couple of things before I do looking at the wiring diagram there's 4 wires RED from the pickup BLACK & WHITE which is ground BLACK & RED which goes to the ignition and
WHITE & BLUE which goes to the regulating rectifier so my question is where does the white and blue wire go on the new cdi? I'm thinking it must be this power. Also when I took the battery out it had swelled up as if it was bulging at the sides would that be an issue with the regulating rectifier? Could that have damaged the cdi/coil? Thanks
Screenshot_20170717-201511.png
Stevep#3
If the reg/rec has failed it will quite possibly overcharge the battery, it can take out the cdi also, and the bulbs.
Bryan#4
That's what I was thinking.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

70cc Yamaha Jog LC , Jet problem1 replies3 Aug 2017
Gilera Runner 200 4 stroke ID and Imobiliser info1 replies2 Aug 2017
Ajs firefox5 replies28 Jul 2017
Yamaha aerox problem.. Help2 replies26 Jul 2017
max power just 607 replies21 Jul 2017
Breaking Baotian bt50-qt11 Most parts avadible0 replies17 Jul 2017
yamaha Slider performance8 replies14 Jul 2017
HELP NEEDED Peugeot speedfight 50cc help 200020 replies13 Jul 2017
Piaggio zip vs gilera runner0 replies12 Jul 2017
Dead battery2 replies9 Jul 2017