Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Please help to chose 125cc scooter !!!

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Old_Harry, 16 Jun 2019
Old_Harry#1
Hi all,

please help me to chose scooter.
All advice is appreciated.

I am coming to scooter world after riding 125cc motorcycle for 2 years.

I want: physically big, 14-15 BHP, 70-75mph top speed, up to 6000 miles, no older than 2016, around £2500k.

Ideal scooter that I want is Honda Forza 125, but its its about £3500 used.

My list of top candidates:

- Piaggio Xevo
- Sym Joymax

If I can find those listed below in my price range then I'm also considering:

- Yamaha Xmax (im a Honda guy, Yamaha has to really damn impress me to get my money)
- Kymco X-Town
- Kymco Downtown
- Peugeot Citystar

I will not consider physically smaller scooters, size is crucial. So PCX is not an option.

-Does anyone has experience with these models? Any words of warning?
-Can you give your opinions on these?
-I need to ride about 5 miles each way daily on dual carriageway, will it be a problem?
-Reliability? Parts? Top speed?

Thank you all very much in advance!

P.S.: Before someone tells me to get full A-License, here's my answer: "Thanks Captain, wouldn't have figured that one out without you!"
Ian Robinson#2
My beverly 125. Has about 12 bhp and does an honest 50mph,big scoots are heavy and not very aroedynamic so i dont think 15 will get you to 75 mph, plenty of burgman 400s for that money,
Mark Emerson Trentham#3
Forza 125 (c) 3.500 grand?. -
How about getting a couple of cheap D/R's and knocking a good one together.:) .
Djay#4
Hi all,

please help me to chose scooter.
All advice is appreciated.

I am coming to scooter world after riding 125cc motorcycle for 2 years.

I want: physically big, 14-15 BHP, 70-75mph top speed, up to 6000 miles, no older than 2016, around £2500k.

Ideal scooter that I want is Honda Forza 125, but its its about £3500 used.

My list of top candidates:

- Piaggio Xevo
- Sym Joymax

If I can find those listed below in my price range then I'm also considering:

- Yamaha Xmax (im a Honda guy, Yamaha has to really damn impress me to get my money)
- Kymco X-Town
- Kymco Downtown
- Peugeot Citystar

I will not consider physically smaller scooters, size is crucial. So PCX is not an option.

-Does anyone has experience with these models? Any words of warning?
-Can you give your opinions on these?
-I need to ride about 5 miles each way daily on dual carriageway, will it be a problem?
-Reliability? Parts? Top speed?

Thank you all very much in advance!

P.S.: Before someone tells me to get full A-License, here's my answer: "Thanks Captain, wouldn't have figured that one out without you!"
I have a Piaggio zip 125 pretty old but does 60mph And it’s stock my friend has a same bike as me but custom and does 80mph with modifications
milo2025#5
Xmax. Cracking bike, can't go wrong. Will be my next set of wheels for sure.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Wk wasp 502 replies15 Nov 2019
Help needed with Peugeot speedfight 50cc ac lighting rectifier3 replies15 Nov 2019
Replace exhaust2 replies12 Nov 2019
V-clic no power when ignition switched on4 replies11 Nov 2019
Gilera runner vx 125 set off issue2 replies11 Nov 2019
Baotian / Pulse Scout Front Rack4 replies26 Oct 2019
Yamaha Aerox rev problem help ASAP19 replies21 Oct 2019
Fitting a small wheel on a big drum2 replies19 Oct 2019
How much fuel does your scooter cost and how much does it cost you a week to run it.13 replies18 Oct 2019
Aerox 20162 replies14 Oct 2019