Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

Peugeot speedfight 2 50cc won't start. Need help ASAP please!

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Zak slade, 15 Jun 2016
Zak slade#1
Hi all, my Peugeot speedfight 2 won't start! The bendix does need replacing however that is not what is causing the problem
When I turn it on it doesn't turn over it just sounds like it wants to but can't then the battery starts to run out. I have bought a new battery which doesn't effect anything. I've got a new fuel pump. There is spark and new spark plug is on the way.
I have no clue what else it could be?! Cdi?
Ricky.H#2
Check the fuel tap and check to see if petrol is getting to the carb
Zak slade#3
Hi, I replaced the fuel tap and petrol is defiantly getting to the carb.maybe the carb is dirty or flooded.
Oh and a new cdi is on way
Ricky.H#4
Take the carb off and give it a good clean what's your spark plug like as that will give you an idea of how the bike is running and it might be worth checking the piston rings and barrel as well
Zak slade#5
Yeah
Take the carb off and give it a good clean what's your spark plug like as that will give you an idea of how the bike is running and it might be worth checking the piston rings and barrel as well

Yeah will give a good clean. I don't have carb cleaner could I use WD 40? The spark plug was okay just a bit dirty/rusty but I have bought a new one. I will look at the piston rings and barrel thank you but I would have to look how to do that as this is my first motorcycle. Thanks for the help!
Ricky.H#6

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Choosing a first scooter between two (2009 Piaggio Fly 125 and 2008 Kymco Super 8 125)2 replies25 Jun 2016
Scooter.....or.....motorcycle.?.4 replies23 Jun 2016
Honda sfx50 help2 replies23 Jun 2016
Aerox YQ 100 Help0 replies22 Jun 2016
2001 speedfight2 100cc problems5 replies17 Jun 2016
cameras9 replies17 Jun 2016
Exhaust gasket2 replies15 Jun 2016
New exhaust system1 replies12 Jun 2016
Peugeot Speedfight 2 Value?.2 replies9 Jun 2016
Are peds restricted13 replies8 Jun 2016