Hi all,
I have a 125cc Sukida commander. It had sat for a long time before I decided to try and start using it again. Gave it a bit of an overhaul, new fuel hoses, new fuel filter, brakes tyres etc. It started up but would die with any throttle. After a few kicks it wouldn't start at all. I could get it going with easy start but it would die quickly. The fuel in the tank was very old and I thought it might have gunked up the carb, as they're so cheap I just bought a new one. After that, it started first kick, stayed running and was able to take it on a quick spin around the block, no problems.
Put it back in the garage for about a week, then went to take it out again, and had the same issue. It will start with easy start but then dies. Thought the old fuel might still be the issue so drained the tank and put fresh in, but still have the same issue. Given that it will start with the spray, I'm guessing it has what it needs but for some reason it won't stay running.
I'm leaning towards a fuelling issue but as the carb is brand new and it ran before (on the old fuel) I'm stumped as to what it might be. My only thought is that running the new carb with the old fuel might have clogged the jets but I didn't think it could happen that quickly, after one run. The new fuel hose I put on is a slightly smaller inner diameter than what was on it before, but I don't think that's the problem, because it did run with them. I can see there is fuel in the filter so I'm guessing it is getting pulled through the lines.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd be really grateful.
Cheers
I have a 125cc Sukida commander. It had sat for a long time before I decided to try and start using it again. Gave it a bit of an overhaul, new fuel hoses, new fuel filter, brakes tyres etc. It started up but would die with any throttle. After a few kicks it wouldn't start at all. I could get it going with easy start but it would die quickly. The fuel in the tank was very old and I thought it might have gunked up the carb, as they're so cheap I just bought a new one. After that, it started first kick, stayed running and was able to take it on a quick spin around the block, no problems.
Put it back in the garage for about a week, then went to take it out again, and had the same issue. It will start with easy start but then dies. Thought the old fuel might still be the issue so drained the tank and put fresh in, but still have the same issue. Given that it will start with the spray, I'm guessing it has what it needs but for some reason it won't stay running.
I'm leaning towards a fuelling issue but as the carb is brand new and it ran before (on the old fuel) I'm stumped as to what it might be. My only thought is that running the new carb with the old fuel might have clogged the jets but I didn't think it could happen that quickly, after one run. The new fuel hose I put on is a slightly smaller inner diameter than what was on it before, but I don't think that's the problem, because it did run with them. I can see there is fuel in the filter so I'm guessing it is getting pulled through the lines.
If anyone has any ideas, I'd be really grateful.
Cheers
