Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsThe Workshop

2018 AJS Firefox 50cc 2stroke No Spark

Discussion in The Workshop started by craig laird, 18 Aug 2025
craig laird#1
Hi guys

I have a 2018 AJS Firefox 2stroke that doesn’t have a spark. I got it as a non runner so I’ve never heard it running.

I’ve replaced the cdi, coil, Stator and spark plug and crossed the wires for the side stand switch. Still no spark.

UPDATE : I now have a spark. Isn’t the strongest but it’s sparking. Still no start though. Should I now do a compression test ?

Can anyone offer any help ?
Cheers

More threads in The Workshop

Honda Vision 110 eSP Hard starting, huge white petrol-smelling smoke, no power1 replies23 May 2026
New carb, new filter, new fuel, still no start0 replies12 Mar 2026
very hard to start cold0 replies2 Mar 2026
Gilera runner 125 fx0 replies8 Oct 2025
2003 typhoon issue0 replies29 Aug 2025
Getting one click from Start relay and nothing else37 replies16 Aug 2025
Coolant leak0 replies27 Jul 2025
Piaggio stock screw thread0 replies17 Jul 2025
Sym vs125 scooter cutting out when stopping?2 replies4 Jul 2025
Sym Symphony SR1252 replies4 Jul 2025