Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

I fit a 50cc scooter/moped I a renault megane scenic :D

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by Adam kelly, 11 Nov 2013
Adam kelly#1
I brought a direct bikes scooter for £90 crank shaft snapped got it for a bargin with tax and mot fitted it in a renault megane scenic 2002 1.4
image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Mark farmer#2
Should not have stated it was a direct bike haha for your sake ;) and especially one with a snapped crank!! Do they stock parts for there own bikes?
Stevep#3
CMPO or Llexeter. Less than £100 to repair. Sell for £600.

Date of Liability 01 08 2014
Date of First Registration 03 08 2012
Year of Manufacture 2012
Cylinder Capacity (cc) 49cc
CO₂ Emissions 0 g/km
Fuel Type PETROL
Export Marker N
Vehicle Status Licence Not Due
Vehicle Colour BLACK
Vehicle Type Approval Not Available
Vehicle Excise Duty rate for vehicle
6 Months Rate £0.00
12 Months Rate £17.00
Adam kelly#4
Ah well just to get me started off I'm only 14 ;p and yeah cost me £40 but I've put new crank in but can't get chain on the sproket thing were the oil chain guides go
Mark farmer#5
Oil chain? Is this four stroke or two stroke?
Adam kelly#6
Four stroke it's oil cooled
Stevep#7
Patience grasshopper, patience
Mark farmer#8
Have you put the new crank in? Is the timing all set up correctly? Oil pump drive chain?
Adam kelly#9
Yeah the chain that goes on the crank that goes thought the head and turns the cam shaft
Stevep#10
Thats the timing chain. You need to slacken the chain tensioner, put chain over cam sprocket, put sprocket onto cam shaft in correct position, tighten bolts, then adjust tensioner.
Mark farmer#11
Ohh right well make sure that the timing is all set right, you don't want to damage anything, look on YouTube for a tutorial there's many on there
Adam kelly#12
Oh thank you I was about to buy new engine as I couldn't put chain back on
Adam kelly#13
Do you know how I time it :s
Mark farmer#14
Haha never give up on things!
Mark farmer#15
The best way to learn is go on YouTube and watch a tutorial it thought me so much stuff doing that, because you can actually se them doing it! Just being told something can get confusing without seeing
Adam kelly#16
There's a sproket in there I can't put the chain on
image.jpg
Mark farmer#17
I believe that's just a guider sprocket?... Does the sprocket pull out?
Adam kelly#18
Nope the sprockets on the crank shaft and it's all the way down there I need to get the chain on it, I know about the guilders that's no problem
Mark farmer#19
Should this not have been done when the casing was off?
Adam kelly#20
Nah on youtube they put it on when all the bottom ends together I can't get to it even when the case is of

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

Pressure Bleeder79 replies20 Nov 2013
The best exhaust ever?3 replies20 Nov 2013
weak spark2 replies18 Nov 2013
What make bike is this0 replies18 Nov 2013
Battery15 replies18 Nov 2013
Runner sip oversize down pipe !!!!!!2 replies17 Nov 2013
pre mixing question7 replies17 Nov 2013
Need some help with build3 replies16 Nov 2013
Profi Fuel-Max2 replies16 Nov 2013
starting problems18 replies15 Nov 2013