Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

Yamaha BW50 '06 - Dellorto 19mm Carburetor Installation Help

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by beau, 13 Jun 2009
beau#1
Hello,

I have been having some troubles with my top speed and going up hills. I took my scooter into be fixed and a 9000 km inspection. It cost me quite a bit, and the problem remains so I decided to do some work myself to learn about my scooter.

I have installed:
Stage6 Racing Clutch & Wing Bell (3 shoe 107mm)
Stage6 70cc Racing Cylinder Kit (110mm)
Stage6 Street Exhaust

I am having troubles finding out how to modify my throttle cables to fit the new carb. If anyone has any pictures or can describe what I am supposed to do I would appreciate it.

I hope I have everything else under control. I have reeds, an air filter and a 5mm (70 to 92) jet set for adjustments.

I also have pictures of everything if it would help.
LEE#2
post some pics up in modifying do you meen cable too short or summin else
Saint Jonny#3
The throttle cable was too short on my old MBK Booster (same bike) when i tried to install the 21mm s6 carb you'll need a length of throttle cable and a little screw thing little barrel with an allen bolt in to tighten to the cable, just set it to size and you're sorted.

But a stage 6 cylinder on a stock crank wouldn't be wise i think better off with a full circle high rpm crankshaft to save any future heartache.

More threads in Scooter Tuning

50cc aerox, need ALOT of help tuning my ped to the max!13 replies18 Jun 2009
HELP: Aerox 2003 tunning2 replies17 Jun 2009
Setting up an Aerox with 70cc1 replies17 Jun 2009
Characteristics of a Primary Gear up kit2 replies17 Jun 2009
My Honda X8R-S tuning5 replies15 Jun 2009
sr 50 06' exhaust3 replies8 Jun 2009
ally 50 kits1 replies7 Jun 2009
fitting a leo vince zx exhaust, no fuel line?8 replies5 Jun 2009
gurtner carb0 replies4 Jun 2009
Handling affects from Runner usd to vx fork conversion9 replies4 Jun 2009