Got a yamaha areox 2006 and need a new crank. I have a pm tuning 70 kit so im guessing i need a bigger sized crank than a standard one. Not sure on what 'pin size' to get because i havnt got a clue what it exactly means. Not spending over a £100 and preferably would want a £50-£70 one, but willing to pay more if its worth it. Help will be appreciated, thanks.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
Yamaha Areox, best crank under £100?
Pm Tuning Barrel Uses Standard Crank Size i Think.. And You Can Buy A PM Tuning Crank. They're Cheap.. But Id Spend A Little More Money And Buy A Stage6 HPC Crank For £109 
I've Personally Heard Bad Things About PM Tuning Cranks..
I've Personally Heard Bad Things About PM Tuning Cranks..
Pm cranks are shite dont go near them...
http://www.italpieces.com/product_info.php?products_id=1733&modeles_type=scooter&modeles_marque=Yamaha&modeles_modele=Aerox%2050cc%20h%B2o&categories_id=2&modeles_id=249
Top performance racing crankshaft. Even with exchange rate, it is £75... super crank for the price!!!!!... With stage 6 bearings and u ve got a winner!.. only bad point is the 10mm axel...
Top performance racing crankshaft. Even with exchange rate, it is £75... super crank for the price!!!!!... With stage 6 bearings and u ve got a winner!.. only bad point is the 10mm axel...
one of the plus points of the stage six crank, is the variator thread size, bigger than stock, and on the R/Ts gets bigger still.
I bought a PM crank, and Pedparts will tell you, it was in the return post, as I measured the con-rod, and it was very close to the original 50cc factory item, so then bought a S6 HPC, on measuring the con-rod girth, it was considerably larger. Now size isn't everything, the metal and degree it has been forged has influence, but the stage 6, certainly looked more up for the job.
I was going to buy the Doppler endurance, but it was out of stock.
I bought a PM crank, and Pedparts will tell you, it was in the return post, as I measured the con-rod, and it was very close to the original 50cc factory item, so then bought a S6 HPC, on measuring the con-rod girth, it was considerably larger. Now size isn't everything, the metal and degree it has been forged has influence, but the stage 6, certainly looked more up for the job.
I was going to buy the Doppler endurance, but it was out of stock.
More threads in Scooter Tuning
| correct setup for my ped ?? :S | 6 Dec 2011 |
| aerox 70cc speed problem | 6 Dec 2011 |
| Aerox clutch set up | 3 Dec 2011 |
| 70 kits.....wich on ?? | 1 Dec 2011 |
| what gearing for polini 70cc cast iron? | 1 Dec 2011 |
| Spark Plug Colour. | 28 Nov 2011 |
| what clutch is better? | 28 Nov 2011 |
| Aerox Arrow exhaust Polini Variator 4G rollers no accell | 28 Nov 2011 |
| Aerox Crank And Barrel Match??? | 27 Nov 2011 |
| Piaggio Zip Bearing problem. | 27 Nov 2011 |
