Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
what would be the best jet for my setup with a standard airbox and with a no airfiler (or any crap one)
2010 Aerox 50cc
Arrow exhaust
Polini Variator
4G rollers
Blue springs (Hard)
top speed = 63mph (clocked by my mate on a hornet 600cc, but think his speedo is out as i have a 600 fzs(dead gearbox :cry also and my speedo reads different to his, so more like 57mph)
but as with every other ped going no accel i have the 12mm gurtner carb with stock 62 jet going to try and get a 72
thanks
mike
To be perfectly honest, I don't think you will need to jet when installing a new exhaust anyway. I have never up jetted with my Doppler S3R and everything has been dandy every since - Not a single problem. The only exhausts I know of that you will definitely need to think about jetting are the Polini's.
But other than that, I think you're fine with the standard jet buddy. =)
To be perfectly honest, I don't think you will need to jet when installing a new exhaust anyway. I have never up jetted with my Doppler S3R and everything has been dandy every since - Not a single problem. The only exhausts I know of that you will definitely need to think about jetting are the Polini's.
But other than that, I think you're fine with the standard jet buddy. =)
i wouldnt post this around as people seem to see this as "bad advice". even though i do agree i never needed to upjet with my exhaust too
Thanks for the heads-up buddy. But I don't understand how it can be bad advice if it's not actually needed when fitting an exhaust, I'm not at all having a go at you, I'm glad you told me. It's just saving money really. And it can't really be that bad if a successful Motorcycle Service and Repair Specialist advised me not to upjet. But thanks a lot for the heads-up!
a box of jets is never a waste of money, as if you have tuned an engine properly, you can only jet for a couple of seasons, meaning you should be one-two sizes up in the winter, if you set up the bike in the warmer seasons, and vice versa.
The reason you can get away with a sport exhaust, is only if the jetting was firstly on the rich side, and the more you raise the revs and power band, the more you will need to upjet.
so it's always worth upjetting for any exhaust, the worst scenario is that you go back to the original size, and have some spare jets for the winter and any other induction/exhaust/cylinder upgrades you make in the future.