Hello friends and thanks for taking the time to look at my thread. I have a simple question to ask so here goes. I have a 2009 piaggio typhoon 50cc. My friend has given me a piaggio typoon 80 cc engine out of a 1999 bike (complete with carb) does anybody know if the 1999 80cc typhoon engine will fit the 2009 typoon.
Thank guys
Yes it should fit straight in, the electrics should also be right, if someone's giving you an engine then try it in for size. Remember that there is very little in the way of spares for the 80cc, if it need's parts your stuffed!
Hi
Thanks for the info. I was going to rebuild (overhaul) the 80cc engine but i did not realize there were not many parts available. Things like crankshaft bearings etc are they not the same as the 50cc??. Do you think it would be a better bet to get a 70cc big bore kit for the 50cc engine??