Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

SR 50 Question

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by jh963, 24 Jun 2013
jh963#1
Been around on this forum for a while having a read, was previously on but forgot my details.

I've got a little problem with my scooter.
Its an SR 50 LC Stealth 97-01 minarelli engine.
I've been having trouble with it when it rains, it starts to splutter out then wont start until the following day, then it works fine if its dry. If it's wet it won't work again.
I was out on it the other day and it started to rain, pushed it home and left it over night, when i went to ride it the next day it would rev fully on the stand but once taken off the stand it wouldn't move and would sometimes cut out.
I've been told the problem could be the rollers, is this true?
Also what would be the most likely problem to the rain? would it be the carb as the spark plug has recently been changed and a new HT lead put on, so doubt it can be that.
danny 123#2
hiya I used to have the same problem on one of my old bikes when I was out in rain it would just get right boggy and just wanna cut out I had a open filter on mine so imagined it was that sucking water in do you have a open filter on yours mate
jh963#3
I've got the standard big box one, ive just ordered a new K&N style one with a waterproof cover to see if thats the problem though.
MARSH#4
Best to leave the std airbox on it so it run's right, maybe get some wd40, silicone lube and spray all over the spark plug/ electrics/cdi etc.

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

just got my bike back from italjet uk1 replies26 Jun 2013
Problem starting sachs scooter ?6 replies25 Jun 2013
Time For My Lil Sym Jet To Have a New Owner :o1 replies25 Jun 2013
NEED OLD SHAPE RUNNER FRAME ASAP1 replies25 Jun 2013
How fast does your Aerox go ?75 replies25 Jun 2013
Typhoon owners LOOK quick!0 replies24 Jun 2013
Aerox vin number cover0 replies23 Jun 2013
Speedfight 2 2007 weird noise!0 replies23 Jun 2013
runner flywheel cover4 replies23 Jun 2013
Aprilia Area 513 replies22 Jun 2013