I'm a uni student, struggling to afford a car so I was considering selling it in the New Year for a scooter - I was looking at a Suzuki Address 110 / Honda Vision 110.
I've spent about almost £1000 on the car, and I don't especially want to get rid of it but the repairs have become so often and expensive beyond my means. I've also had no money for the likes of even a haircut it's been stretching my money that much!!!
The reason for getting a scooter makes sense financially:
Insurance around £300, compared to £930
Petrol £10 a week compared to £20
Repairs? Barely any if I buy a new one for a while I suspect.
Sure, getting the CBT will cost about £180 yes. A helmet and gloves and some padded stuff for safety.
Some people say...
"Dont do it, the car might not need more repairs now!"
"Dont do it, you've spent too much on the car to sell it now"
"You'll get wet, freezing and cold in the Winters on a scooter"
"Those things are dangerous."
Am I missing anything?
I'd love to hear your opinions as you're mostly scooter owners!
I've spent about almost £1000 on the car, and I don't especially want to get rid of it but the repairs have become so often and expensive beyond my means. I've also had no money for the likes of even a haircut it's been stretching my money that much!!!
The reason for getting a scooter makes sense financially:
Insurance around £300, compared to £930
Petrol £10 a week compared to £20
Repairs? Barely any if I buy a new one for a while I suspect.
Sure, getting the CBT will cost about £180 yes. A helmet and gloves and some padded stuff for safety.
Some people say...
"Dont do it, the car might not need more repairs now!"
"Dont do it, you've spent too much on the car to sell it now"
"You'll get wet, freezing and cold in the Winters on a scooter"
"Those things are dangerous."
Am I missing anything?
I'd love to hear your opinions as you're mostly scooter owners!
