Hi, I'm a first timer so please be gentle, I have an 05 aerox which apart from the gianelli exhaust I believe to be standard. 12 mm carb with 86 main. A week ago she stopped running. She would start but stall as soon as the throttle was opened. I cleaned the jets and she was good. Next day it happened again but this time when I cleaned the jets there was no improvement. Some "expert" mates came over & before I knew what was going on we had stripped the barrel off. I've now rebuilt her, with a new piston and cleaned the fuel tank & carb. She starts, albeit reluctently, won't tick over and is very weak through the whole range, topping out at 15 -20mph. Where should I look first to get her sorted out?
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
She just won't pull
check the oil seals on the crankshaft 
Sometimes they pop out just a little, the engine runs for a little and then shuts down, of just completly shuts down and won't even start.
Even check the gaskets on the cilinder.
Check that thing where u mount the carburattor on ( don't know the name in english so fast ) little cuts or something what can couse to false air.
When mounting the new cilinder, did u cleaned the engine good where gaskets get on?
Make sure thats always clean and all parts of old gasked are removed
This can couse even problems with false air
Goodluck mate
Sometimes they pop out just a little, the engine runs for a little and then shuts down, of just completly shuts down and won't even start.
Even check the gaskets on the cilinder.
Check that thing where u mount the carburattor on ( don't know the name in english so fast ) little cuts or something what can couse to false air.
When mounting the new cilinder, did u cleaned the engine good where gaskets get on?
Make sure thats always clean and all parts of old gasked are removed
This can couse even problems with false air
Goodluck mate
'She just won't pull, I'm a first timer so be gentle'
Excuse me what?
Excuse me what?
What I mean is, my ped has very little power and this the first forum I've contributed to so please be tolerant. Do you have any suggestions of where I could start in an attempt to correct her performance?
More threads in General Scooter Discussion
| need help with aerox... | 28 Aug 2013 |
| Cleaning engine | 27 Aug 2013 |
| pic request vivacity | 27 Aug 2013 |
| piston and cylinder scored. | 27 Aug 2013 |
| what rear end swap | 26 Aug 2013 |
| Helmets... | 23 Aug 2013 |
| hosein the engine | 22 Aug 2013 |
| Paint remover for exhaust/variator case | 22 Aug 2013 |
| piaggio zip 01 | 22 Aug 2013 |
| polini vs malossi | 21 Aug 2013 |
