Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
Well my mates getting rid of his aerox and he says he might let me have his 70 kit... But I don't wanna run it lean so I'm going to upgrade the carb to a bigger size.. I've done a search and I can't find much on aerox carbs but 21mm should be a good size right? And will the jet size need to be changed if i buy a bigger carb?
yeah 21's a gd size to run a 70kit on , jets mite need to be changed ,depends on what size jet the polini carbs got , if rollers are stock then they will need changin to a lighter weight around 4.5 -> 5 i rekon mate
I've got 4.5g rollers in atm... So would there much of a difference running it with a standard carb thats been up jetted to suit or running it with a 21mm carb? (speed a power wise)
there will be a bit more top speed from the 21mm as it will be putting more fuel in at top end and 4.5g sounds about right for a 70 kit and carb but you wont know till its all n and see what it performs like.
nope alomg as if you jet it correctly for the 70 kit
there is a guide somewere i seen last week about what jet size to use on a standerd carb if your running a 70kit and exhaust
one of my mates ran an aerox with a standard carb standard jet but had to hold the choke in to move lol (2xtreme kit), my other mate who now has my aerox is running a 150 jet in a stock carb and it runs ok.
i ran a 20.5mm carb on a 2xtreme 70 kit and viper exhaust, it ran perfect on the standard 125 jet.
if you run a 21mm carb id say the jet would be a 70-80 mark (dont quote me on this though)
there will be a bit more top speed from the 21mm as it will be putting more fuel in at top end .
not exactly how it works!!!
A bigger carb flows alot more air than a smaller carb...Tuning is all about increasing airflow through the engine, or makeing the air flow through the engine more efficiently
I got a standard carb with my 70 kit. No flat spots, quick off the line and a decent top end. I'm taking it off tomorrow to clean it all out when I put my reeds in. I will tell you what size jet is in it. And I'm running a Airbox as well.