Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

new j costa variator evo3 for a dna 50 pegs get jammed after going full throttle anyone know why?

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by sambabe, 29 Aug 2012
sambabe#1
I brought a brand new jcosta evo 3 variator for my gilera dna 50 and i fitted it all fine and to the book everything went back on ok. It rode fine to start with at slow speed making a big improvement on the bike then I went full throttle then slowed it down for a set of traffic lights, as I went to pull away the bike didn’t accelerate. After I had pushed it home and taken it apart I had found out that the pins had got stuck out and jammed, does anyone know why this happened and how I can stop it happening again.
Thanks Sam
Jonnymarrw00t#2
cheap variator ?

More threads in Scooter Tuning

runner/nrg wheels1 replies6 Sep 2012
Oil pump leaking :/3 replies4 Sep 2012
possible 172 conversion ? advice please13 replies2 Sep 2012
malaguti f15 bogging help please..2 replies31 Aug 2012
Piaggio zip 70cc kit0 replies31 Aug 2012
Zip bogging0 replies27 Aug 2012
boost bottle10 replies27 Aug 2012
Using super unleaded petrol (any major risks?)19 replies27 Aug 2012
malaguti f15 50cc engine upgrade..1 replies19 Aug 2012
Best Jet for my set up?13 replies18 Aug 2012