Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsMain Scooter TopicsGeneral Scooter Discussion

help!!!!

Discussion in General Scooter Discussion started by nicholas lancaster, 29 Jun 2013
nicholas lancaster#1
please watch this and help me out please!
YouTube video
Cockers#2
Does it have a kick start? try that! that clicking is your starter motor, It seems to be firing the pinion thing or bendix what ever its called out but not spinning, you may have a knackered solenoid or burnt out motor! If this was me I'd Take the starter off strip it down have a look clean it up and bench test it! battery pack on the terminals is the official un official way haha!
nicholas lancaster#3
i have no idea what im doing with peds so im gonna have to take it to the garage i guess but i hope it dosent cost alot:(
nicholas lancaster#4
and ive just tried starting it its stuttering but not turning over if that helps?
Cockers#5
starters are easy mate! a mechanics bread and butter! If you can get manual for your scooter it will tell you how to remove it! there will also be vids on youtube! A garage will most likely charge you loads! I'm lucky near me is a place that does starter alternators etc just whip it off take it in and get it reconned for a tenner haha
nicholas lancaster#6
honestly mate i have no idea what so ever! all i wanted to know was just what needed doing and what was up with it
mourneman#7
that sounds like a flat battery, its got enough power to light the dash but not enough to throw the starter over.
try charging the battery up.
Cockers#8
I thought I wrote that! I always miss the simple points, thanks for correcting it! I say stuff in my head and never type! Far to excited knowing I've just strung a full sentence together woot!

More threads in General Scooter Discussion

top scooter lock and chains3 replies3 Jul 2013
fitting smaller wheels on aprilia sr?0 replies3 Jul 2013
Engine wont turn over :(5 replies2 Jul 2013
Need Some Advice ASAP!!!!!3 replies1 Jul 2013
Starter relay2 replies1 Jul 2013
Alot of blowing air...4 replies30 Jun 2013
Aerox PM tuning 80cc?7 replies30 Jun 2013
Aprilia sr 50 starter problem3 replies29 Jun 2013
2 Stroke Liquid in a 4 Stroke Tank10 replies28 Jun 2013
Better Spark Plug?2 replies28 Jun 2013