Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
Hello everyone, i'm new to the forum so i'm sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place. I've recently bought a scooter (i'm a newbie to the moped world) and have just found out all is not as it seemed .. the moped is a Hanglong LB50QT-35 and I need to locate some parts for it. When my friend checked out the indicators , it appears the previous owner had cut and taped the cables and removed the Flasher unit (not sure if that's the right term) where the indicator cables go into. I also need to purchase and throttle (although the cable is fine). I've searched the web but am unable to locate the parts for it.... does anyone have any ideas? i've put a picture below of what it looks like any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Hi to be honest not really sure... my mate took the front housing completely off and checked the throttle cable was connected correctly and it worked fine but when the housing was put back on the throttle started sticking again. I'm sorry if this sounds a bit vague but this is my first moped and i'm trying to learn.
if its been sitting around for a while, it wouldnt hurt to grease the cable and clean the carb. take the cable off the bike , let 3 in 1 oil run down between the cable and cable sheathing. should help with a sticky cable
sticking throttle may be as simple as the grip being too tight against the end of its housing...try a bit of wd40 near where the rubber grip meets the brake lever bracket and see if it frees things up a little....otherwise try some thin oil down the cable as suggested above and check the inner cable for frayed strands