Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

Help choosing exhaust for stage6 streetrace

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by ratsidecar, 29 Jul 2016
ratsidecar#1
Hi I have a Piaggio Zip SP with a stage6 variator, stage6 streetrace 70cc kit, and some aftermarket reeds.

I have a dellorto phbg 21mm carb which I am going to fit but need some help choosing an exhaust.

I was looking for the stage6 pro exhaust but it seems to have been discontinued. I take it the pro replica is a good match for this cylinder but what about the yasuni c16? Or is it too much pipe for it.

I have used a stage6 sport pro 70 kit a few years ago on another scoot, is there much of a power difference between it and the streetrace as I am not sure what to expect?
Stevep#2
Ped parts did a test with all the exhausts for that cylinder, the Leo Vince zx was the best, near enough.
ratsidecar#3
Was it this graph? http://www.pedparts.co.uk/ekmps/shops/thebikeshop/resources/Design/leovince.jpg

I think the leo vince was just an example to show a comparison between the power delivery of the different kits with same pipe fitted. The yasuni and stage6 pipes are several bhp better on the same cylinders.

Im asking about the c16 as I have never owned one and will probably be doing further tuning in the future. I have used an r1200 on a sport pro and it was a bit too much for it and tuning was a compromise until an inner rotor ignition went on so I dont want to go down that road again.
Stevep#4
Thats the one. You can see how the power curve is maintained through a higher rev range than most of the other pipes with that kit.
ratsidecar#5
ended up with a yasuni city 16.Will be a few days before I can fit it. Place your bets on how long you think the cranks gonna last, I reckon it will be longer than most people think!
dazz#6
Depends on what 2t oil you use !

More threads in Scooter Tuning

Aprilia Sr 88cc carb trouble0 replies23 Sep 2016
Looking to tune my DNA 50 as much as possible, advice please!2 replies22 Sep 2016
70cc bore jetting - starting point3 replies17 Sep 2016
Aerox Problem with ZX exhaust 49cc3 replies13 Sep 2016
HELP can i have a gear up kit with these mods?11 replies7 Sep 2016
New pollini variator not fitting?4 replies22 Aug 2016
Exhaust for speed fight 3 125?1 replies19 Aug 2016
gilera stalker clutch problem5 replies23 Jul 2016
Piaggio Sfera 50, Variator Issues9 replies22 Jul 2016
Aerox Malossi Setup7 replies18 Jul 2016