Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

Derestricting the Electrics on my Speedfight 2

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by Clarkee09, 6 May 2009
Clarkee09#1
Hey...
I have an air cooled 54 plate speedfight 2
It has the stupid Peugeot immobilizer.

As I have a Doppler S3R Pipe, derestricted variator and polini racing clutch i kind of need to let my revs free now without limit to get optimum performance.

I've been looking around and found this.
http://www.adrenalin-pedstop.co.uk/p/PEUGEOT-CDI---REPLACES-OE-IMMO-1144.aspx

Can anyone actually explain what this does?
Does it give me unlimited revs or what? Does anyone know, I can't find any detailed info about it.

If not, can anyone explain to me how i can get unlimited revs on my speedfight 2?

Regards,
Matt
monty9120#2
The cdi units are mostly for if the shit immobilisor packs up and you dont want to spend £300 on a new one.

no 50cc unless its tuned will ever need a unrestricted cdi as it will never rev high enough except maybe downhill anyway

if your immobilisors fine its a waste of money.

to get more revs you need a 70 kit :mrgreen:
Clarkee09#3
Thankkyou very much..
Atleast I know now :)

Ahh thanks alot

More threads in Scooter Tuning

Yamaha bws; any good? (tuning and general)3 replies10 May 2009
How do you derestrict OEM exhaust?4 replies9 May 2009
Yasuni C16 on an Iron Kit3 replies8 May 2009
How can I tell what size carb I have?11 replies8 May 2009
MHR or MHR replica?10 replies7 May 2009
PIAGGIO ZIP 2001 TUNING18 replies7 May 2009
DNA2 replies30 Apr 2009
How can i improve NRG3 replies27 Apr 2009
Hebo Performer and stage 6 sport pro5 replies25 Apr 2009
Performance Setup reliability?17 replies18 Apr 2009