Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
Please dont tell me to read the guide as I don't really understand it and it has no good links to english websites to buy the stuff off...
All I wanna to do is buy a bigbore kit for my aerox and maybe a race crank? I'm new to all this anyone got a setup I can copy off? I need to know details like do I need stronger clutch springs and that?
to be honest mate my setup would be a good one to copy off simply because we have the same bikes. only thing is do you mean a 50 big bore kit or a 70cc kit?
right well it depends what sort of 70cc kit you want. you can either go for reliablilty, good power increase and longer life usually (like i have done) which is the polini 70cc sport kit.
or go for a not as reliable kit but has alot more power which would be the polini 70cc evolution kit for example.
id wait for someone who can explain the two in more detail but i hope this helps you understand a little imp:
id recommend a polini sport or malossi mhr and a bgm crank.
If you got spare money a dellorto 21mm phbg.
Will make a fast daily reliable scooter.
I understand u bought a leo tt?
In that case youd be best off with a polini sport as cylinder, they work great with the leo TT. What i had in my 70. Lots of low down punch, power wheelies from spot
Yeah I just bought a TT I wasn't planning on getting a 70 kit at the time tho
Anyone know any good websites that sell this sort of stuff that dosn't charge stupid prices?
if you dont quite get the guide id sudgest read up on here a little and ask silly questions for a bit befor diving in parts first then not having a bike on the road for 3 months as you cant set it up.