zumaman's zuma project

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by zumaman, Dec 3, 2007.

1. zumaman

zumaman New Member

I think I may have had some sand or grime in my carb causing it to jam. I sprayed it out with carb cleaner and it works great now!
    Thanks all!

2. chris081277

chris081277 New Member

that's strange. How would you have gotten sand in your carb?

3. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    funnily enough when i stripped my sr125 down i found shit loads of sand in the carb.

and when i told tweak and wobbly they both werent shocked haha.

4. zumaman

zumaman New Member

Do you off road with it?

5. Sw1fT

Sw1fT Active Member

Rides:
    200SX S13
    dno, previous owner probably did haha.

6. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    think abvout it.. you have an overflow in a bike with a vacume lock pipe.. also your putting a petrol pump tap into the top of the tankj... sombody drops this in the petrol station lots of the fire sand sticks to the end.. then you come along and bang it all the way in your tank an voila sand/dirt in the tank.. i wipe it all the time. if your running long WOT distances the overflow can suck dirt into the tank.. altho most have a one way valvce fitted stuff can get past it.

7. zumaman

zumaman New Member

Some moron on another forum is saying that using a Technigas pipe is going to couse a siezure because the motor cant breathe well enough to keep it cool. is that BS? From what you guys say, the pipe looks like a Yasuni C16 and the same with the bracket. Could it be that I ended up with a Yasuni when I ordered my None? Maybe the silencer was in the wrong box? I got it from TSC.