Zip Typhoon wheels conversion

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by Brewski92, May 24, 2011.

1. Brewski92

Brewski92 New Member

Rides:
    Various!
    Anybody ever tried fitting Typhoon wheels on a zip and if so does it require any modification and does it look any good? :grin:

2. m1ck_t

m1ck_t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    alot of shit
  3. northrider

northrider Member

i wud keep the standard forks and wheels i think they look nice or get the single sided forks they handle much better and u can also get uprated shocks for the front for even better handling

4. Brewski92

Brewski92 New Member

Rides:
    Various!
    I'd have thought the single sided front suspension was more of a visual thing and wouldn't handle so well with most of the weight being off to one side? Learn something new every day! :) Cheers for the link m1ck, still deciding really what to do with the wheels, running standard wheels badly sprayed neon pink at the moment :lol:

5. northrider

northrider Member

thats why they use zips with single sidede swing arms in the bsso http://www.petr olmag.net/view/articles/sport/project-zip-sport-articles/bsso-2010-round-7-three-sisters/

6. Brewski92

Brewski92 New Member

Rides:
    Various!
    I did wonder! Wouldn't it be possible to mount nigh on any rear wheel to the single sided swingarm if you manufactured a custom hub? Say like put an sr50 wheel on a zip? Might have to investigate that.... :)

7. northrider

northrider Member

but then it will have the big wheels and be crap handling zips only work well with small wheels

8. briddgy

briddgy Member

Rides:
    2001 vespa et2
    no single swing arms are terrible trust me i have a typhoon and i had ago on a speedshite and it was horrible its so un balanced

9. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    speedfight, not a zip... so you have no idea what your talking about.

typh wheels are pritty similar to the 08 onwards zip wheels.. just the tyre size is different. as people said, big wheels on a zip is just a waste of time, kills the bike

10. briddgy

briddgy Member

Rides:
    2001 vespa et2
    sorry. i think i do as i have rode a single wise zip