Zip Tuning

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Jeff Munro, Mar 21, 2012.

1. Jeff Munro

Jeff Munro Member

Hey, Me and my friend turnt 16 the other day and he bought a gilera runner 08 plate 50cc (derestriced) and i bought a 2012 zip, The zip had apparently already been partially derestricted and i was able to do 40, But my friend's gilera runner was hitting 50-60, So today i got my bike derestricted and the only boost i have gained is in acceleration? I still hit about 40, maybe 43-45.

What can i do to make this thing faster?

Thanks.

2. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Well for a start your friend is not doing 50-60mph de-restricted. You're not doing 45 either coming from someone who owns and tuned a zip. You're best of buying a pipe to start off with. I recomend a Leo-Vince-TT or Yasuni z. Be sure to upjet and change your rollers too. Should hit 45-50 real speed.

3. Jeff Munro

Jeff Munro Member

Well both of our speedo's are messed up then.. But still he goes faster, can you tell me all of the restrictors in the zip?

4. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    His is Lc so it will be. And in the variator there's a washer between the drive face and the variator. and two pipes on the exhaust that need to be cut off and welded up.

5. Sebastian.

Sebastian. Member

If he is hitting 45 (speedo speed) than the washer is most likely taken off as the belt wouldn't go to its highest peak. Also, like Jonny said, get a race pipe, but TT's arent really good if you ask me. I would rather go for a ZX but its your choice.

6. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    I said TT because it's a good quality budget pipe. For the same price you can get a yasuni z which is much better quality.