Zip Tuning Parts

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Fizzy, May 28, 2015.

1. Fizzy

Fizzy Who needs L-plates...

Rides:
    2010 Jog RR
    So, my current exhaust is on it's way out (parts of it are more gun gum than metal) so I'm looking to replace it
    Zip Exhaust.jpg

It's not a standard exhaust, but I've no idea what it is, as it was on it when I got the bike 3 years ago.

I was looking at a Technigas Q-Tre exhaust, and now it's on offer it's a good buy. They recommend I change the rollers to 5grm ones, a 6mm jet and uprate the clutch springs.

Is this exhaust restricted? I presume my current one isn't, due to getting an indicated 40+mph on the speedo, although being Italian I'm sure it exaggerates wildly!

Also, to have it all fitted, anyone any ideas at how much I'd be looking at? The exhaust I could do but the rest I'm not confident in doing.

Cheers!

2. Joshua leverton

Joshua leverton New Member

It is very easy to do these your self, I have an exhaust you could buy.

Attached Files:

3. Fizzy

Rides:
    2010 Jog RR
    Wish you'd have told me that last week before I went an ordered all the bits :(

4. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

If you buy the Q-Tre don't get the chromed one. It rusts really quickly. Get the self colour one and use high temp paint. Also change the nuts on the silencer for locking ones and use stud lock as well, they will come loose. I fit loads of them. Took one back on monday because it blew a massive hole through the back near the support mounts, and that was fitted on November 27th last year.
    The Technigas Silent Pro might be a better option for you, I think it has a restrictor in the mouth with a couple of welds that can be easily ground out with a dremmel. Put one on a runner not long back, quiet enough and still all the power.

5. Fizzy

Rides:
    2010 Jog RR
    As I said, already ordered the Q-Tre and other bits, otherwise I might have gone with the Silent Pro, as I was considering it for a more hassle free option, but they Q-tre went on offer at Pedstop

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

those silent pro pipes are great, they look standard, but perform great, and they last longer then a genuine exhaust (no idea why genuine pipes are always so expensive and such crap quality!)

7. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

That one in your photo is a standard exhaust from an lc zip

Fizzy likes this.
  8. Fizzy

Rides:
    2010 Jog RR
    Ah right, thanks for that. A guy from Pedparts said it was a standard exhaust but looked nothing like the standard ones I've seen, so that makes sense.