Zip NRG Mc3 Conversion (ZRG)

Discussion in 'Scooter Projects' started by Zip Speed, Aug 28, 2011.

1. aerox-kid

aerox-kid Member

Dont normally like big wheel zips, and tbh there arnt many zips at all i can honestly say i like, but this is an exception well done mate looks sick!

2. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

Thanks :). I recon Zips look a hell of a lot better when theyve got a bar conversion and not that hudge headlight lol.

3. aerox-kid

aerox-kid Member

Yeah i meant to ask what do you use for headlights lol?

4. Jonnymarrw00t

Jonnymarrw00t Moderator Staff Member

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Umm bulbs ?

5. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

2 mini 15w 20c bulbs where the indicators used to go have a look on the 4th picture down.

6. aerox-kid

aerox-kid Member

Oh yeah i see that looks smart mate :)

7. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

8. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    hello m8 nice zip
    were did u get the parts for the bar conversion
    as i cant find the part you bolt the stems on to

9. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
    Pedparts.

10. ZipKid94

ZipKid94 New Member

Rides:
    zip70
    how did u wire up the lights?

11. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

(xjr400) - I dont get what you mean mate the stem bolts on to the long stem coming up from the forks which is were your old forks went :confused: ?

(ZipKid94) - I wired up the lights from the old connections from the standard headlight (i have 4 white LEDs in total 2 in each side below the main light which are classed as my side lights which are wired to the low beam wire and the 2 halogen bulbs are wired to the high beam wire), but i do also have an ok skill in wiring and electronics so this probably helped. If your thinking of putting lights in the front indicator holders and people start telling you that the bulbs will melt the plastic well ignore them as long as u get the right bulbs theyll be fine as ive had mine in for 2 years and they dont even got hot. (bulbs i use are 15w 20°C from maplins, there about £3-4).

12. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    hello m8 were did u get the forks from and would the zip wheel fit in the front and is were did u get the parts for the bar convversion

Crimz likes this.
  13. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    what part is it that the bars bolt on and then the thing that they do the bars bolt on and then that bolts on 2 the forks

14. Jonnymarrw00t

Rides:
    Piaggio Zip 05 plate
  15. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

(xjr400) - i bought the forks off someone in the trade-it for £40 there NRG Mc3 forks and no a zip wheel wont fit (you could probebly make it fit if you engineered/modified it correctly) unless of course you have zip front forks in the bike. The NRG Mc3 forks wont go in the zip frame without modification. the only 2 things you need for a bar converions are the stem and bars mate, the stem bolts on to the forks and the bars bolt on to the stem. and obvouisly everythin bolts on to the bars throttle brakes etc... some need modifing slightly like make the braket wider so that it fits on the new bars.
    look at the 5th picture down the little blue thing is the stem and is bolted onto the forks and then the bars get bolted onto the stem.
    Stem - http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/730/str8-handlebar-stem--piaggio-gilera
    Bars - http://www.pedparts.co.uk/product/310/str8-downhill-handlebars
    there are more bars and stems on ped parts cheaper ones too but youll have to look around and make sure you get the right stem.

16. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    ok so the stems should bolt on to my forks some how

i dont understand how tho sorry 4 the qs zip speed

17. xjr400

xjr400 Member

Rides:
    paggio zip
    have u got any pics of wen u donen it m8

18. northrider

northrider Member

what bout ure front indicators or are you not using front indicators??

19. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

(xjr400)Have you ever took you standard bars off your zip mate beacause if you havnt thats probebly why you dont understand as youve never seen what it bolts on to ??
    and if i do take it apart one day like for maintainence or modification ill take some pictures of how its bolted on.

20. Zip Speed

Zip Speed Member

(northrider)Yeah im using front indicators lol there in the same casing as the front lights but there in the bottom part of it. You can see them if you look closley at the photos.