Zip 86cc big bore problem

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by wicksy84, Sep 19, 2016.

1. wicksy84

wicksy84 New Member

Hi iv got my project so far now im stuck. Iv installed malossi big bore kit 86cc with racing crank. Iv put a dellorto vhsh carb 30CS on. Roost exhaust. My problem is where to fit the vacuum line that comes from the fuel valve on the tank. I know the valve works as i get fuel flow when suction applied to the valve.

Next is to rig the coolant system. I have pump, coolant tank and radiator. I need the fixture for top of bore kit i think its the return to the tank. Not sure how to rig the system as in what hose goes where.

The scoot fires up but i ca t get this damn vacumm working.

Any help
    Cheers

2. Spaz12

Spaz12 Member

Rides:
    '05 and '08 Zuma's,
    I would run a manual fuel petcock.

Coolant out of pump into bottom port of head, from top port on head to the top of radiator and bottom of radiator to pump inlet. This way you are getting the cooler fluid through the pump. This is how I have my mhr 77 running.

3. wicksy84

wicksy84 New Member

IMG_20160921_131814.jpg

Thanks iv got 3 openings on top cover of kit
    One for thermostat with housing
    One for a temp probe
    A tiny union what's it for to small for return

4. Spaz12

Spaz12 Member

Rides:
    '05 and '08 Zuma's,
    Are you talking about the little brass nipple that is sticking out of the head? I wonder if that is to bleed the system? I don't have it on my Minarelli. I'm also surprised that Malossi doesn't tell you what it is, or how to hook it up.
    Sorry that I can't be more help.

5. wicksy84

wicksy84 New Member

Yes the brass nipple

6. wicksy84

wicksy84 New Member

Malossi don't say anything

7. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    The brass fitting is the thermostat by-pass, this is used when a thermostat is used.when the engine is cold the stat is closed but water still has to flow when running, this brass nipple has a rubber pipe that goes to the bottom engine inlet pipe, if the stat is left out you can block off both ends but engine will work better with the stat in to regulate engine temperature.

Spaz12 likes this.
  8. wicksy84

wicksy84 New Member

Thanks for info. There is nowhere to fit a coolant pipe on bottom of malossi bbk86cc unless I'm blind.

I'm converting AC to LC but I'm still lost as to what goes where

Thermostat housing is return once opens

Brass nipple is return when thermostat is shut

Other opening on top is for temp probe

Where does the inlet go

Spaz12 likes this.
  9. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    Why did you not say in the first place? You've fitted a L/C barrel to a A/C engine yes? You need to strip the engine and have the bottom hose hole machined into the engine case! The bottom hose goes into the engine case just under the flywheel cover!

10. wicksy84

wicksy84 New Member

Yes
    Yes AC to LC any info on where

11. wicksy84

wicksy84 New Member

I'm using an electric pump not mechanical

12. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I'll get some photos up asap!

13. MARSH

MARSH Whooooo!

Rides:
    Piaggio Typhoon
    I've looked at a A/C typhoon 50 engine and that has inlet so maybe your case will have it. This is where the water pipe goes into the case and this is the bottom hose with the stat by-pass nipple that goes the the head. 2016-09-26 02.11.39.jpg 2016-09-26 02.15.29.jpg