Your Veiws On Police Officers ??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Alex Barnes, Oct 24, 2013.

1. Alex Barnes

Alex Barnes Active Member

well i was on my way home frome work (i work night and did a 5pm till 3am ) and thought i will go for a little bit of a ride before i go home ,, went for a ride and seen a police car coming the other way but didnt think anything of it untill i saw it behind me flashing me to pull over (bearing in mind i was doing almost 50 through a 30) ,, first thing the police office says is " Is there any reason why your doing almost 50 in a 30 " my response was " nope , i have no excuses " the police was like oh-ok then ( i was thinking i was about to get a telling off for being cheeky lol ) but then i had to take a seat in the car do all the checks on my bike n all that shit n was going to give me so points and a fine for the speed but just let me off with a verbal warning about staying safe n all that shit ,, he claimed to be a bike himself thats why he was nice maybe ? maybe not
    ohwell , so yeah basically whats your veiws on police officers (some may be dicks but some are actually ok )

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  2. Mickey

Mickey Member

Rides:
    Beeline 50cc 4t
    Everyone says "f**k the police" or that they are all tw**s but at the end of the day, where would you go if your bike got stolen? :rolleyes:

technodimwit and Alex Barnes like this.
  3. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Great when they don't need to be and shit when they do need to be good mostly, IMO.

I lost my passport when I went out drinking on new years and they said I couldn't report it cos the last time I remembered having it was (putting it in my pocket) before I left my houseo_O Still waiting on a BMX I locked up outside the train station about 5 years ago too..

Fuck the police basically lols

4. supraking

supraking Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    they are pretty useless at finding stolen vehicles, but then again theives are getting better and better.
    i find some can be arses, but generally they are ok. i got stopped doing some silly speed in the car out of town, got a slap on the wrist cause i give them free coffees at work (maccies)

5. GazD

GazD Active Member

so what your saying is,,,,you think some coppers are ok because they let you off while you was doing nearly twice the speed limit

6. supraking

supraking Well-Known Member

Rides:
    Honda MSX125
    well if you put it like that (i was doing over twice the limit but they had no proof)
    nope, in general they are ok unless there in a mood

7. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    i actually disagree with them being useless about finding stolen vehicles, theyre certainly good at it around here. found my 92 vision twice, found the pulse scout, found my grandads old ford fiesta, found a few of my mates bikes, when my 92 vision got stolen the first time it was reported within minutes, pursued and lost then found the same night parked up in the street. the rest were all hidden in hard to find spots, seems the coppers round here know how to find a vehicle lol

8. Alex Barnes

thats a classic case in example of cops knowing areas , just some people havn't had any luck there they stolen vehicles being retrieved but thats not to say that there shit at what they do

9. berserker

berserker Member

I've heard police officers think some scooter owners are basically a bit s**t at securing their rides but generally alright when they are sat in the back seat of their car squirming and red-faced after being caught bang to rights doing nearly twice the limit.

10. scootzmadness

scootzmadness Left the forum.

Rides:
    None.
    most of the coppers ive come across have been ok, some have been complete arseholes but thats life, in general police dont like people who ride scooters but i think once you speak to them and they see your ok (be polite) theyll generally be ok with you, sometimes police do a good job but at times they are absolutely shite

11. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    That bike thing was more than likely a line,
    I'd think reason he let you off/ish was simply cause you were straight with him.,

My view on police is simple,
    rather have then not,neccesary evil an all that- venemently different
    opiniin when younger,but soming it up.....
    If the day ever came,would'nt be cruel about/but
    My Turn Now!!. ;) .

12. Alex Barnes

lol ,, and im always straight up with coppers coz at end of day its pointless lying to be honest,, i knew i was speeding when i shouldnt be so was prepared to take what ever punishment was offerd

scootzmadness likes this.
  13. BenX8

BenX8 Active Member

Rides:
    Piaggio X9500 Evo
    I have to say in my 11 years of riding ive only been pulled over once and that was 11 years ago when i was 18 I had a piaggio Diesis and i didnt have a rear L plate, they let me off with a warning. But apart from that ive never been pulled, never had a bike nicked. Mind you I do live in a street thats out the way