Your reasons for owning a scooter?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by tErr0, Dec 4, 2006.

1. Leeroy

Leeroy Member

Got into bikes when I was about 12, when all the olders on the estate turn't 16 they all had typhs runners and nrgs and I just fell in love with bikes used to love just watching there bikes go and going on the back and fixing them with them! then when they turnt 17 they had there gilly 12's and 17's, and as they all slowly mashed them all up the youngers got there peds!, got into gopeds and mini moto's because I was to young to get a ped, my first motor was the cheapest Chinese goped EVER! :pimp: then went for a Chinese mini moto which I put a big bore kit lightened flywheel race clutch ada oversized reeds delorto carb, filly and exhaust and that flew! Then got a liquid cooled mini moto which was silly fast compared to the aircooled's from there I was just on every mini moto forum I could find learning how they worked and how to get them going better and I just understood the engines well! Turn’t 16 and got a typh! only had a zx on it tho but it went prity well, just recently sold that and got a mint sp125 runner with 1400kilometers on it! 2 women owners and its spanking! bulding that at the moment from the bottom end upwards, at the moment im waiting for my crank to be done! the boy i sold my liquid cooled mini moto to took it to ASS 2007 going up and down with a mate on a ktm 50 replica! was funny watching them fly up and down with no helmets and what not!
    And also people underestimate peds so much so it’s good when the pull up in there pikey mobiles and you just show them what a 172 PED can do! :punk:

2. *James*

*James* New Member

You go on MMC by any chance leeroy?

3. Leeroy

Leeroy Member

Yes i do mate, you a member?

4. *James*

*James* New Member

Yeah i was a member but i stopped going on there as I've got a lot more into peds TBH.... my user name was: Nitroz916 i still have my mini moto [tuned origami b1r] , and my leathers and boots so i might go track again one day :p.

5. Leeroy

Leeroy Member

Yeah me to i havent been on there in about a year now! like you said got into pedi sold my mini moto about a month a ago managed to blow it up lol they are good fun tho! im sure everyone will agree :drool:

6. Nitro-Rhys

Nitro-Rhys Active Member

got my 50cc cos iv always liked bikes and couldnt b arsed with gettin lifts everywhere.
    Got my sr for several reasons:
    love scooters so easy to ride and cheap on everything really
    underseat storage pmsl... no seriously
    and finally to wipe the smile of all the dicks atm who take the piss outa me for avin a ped :punk:

7. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    Respect, thats the only reason i'm sticking with a scooter now.

8. Nitro-Rhys

Nitro-Rhys Active Member

:rofl: go wobbly... but seriously they piss me off so much! they just keep makin jokes and laughin, so iv organised a lil race with him hes got a 1.1 saxo and thinks i stand no chance on a ped its less than 200m so should kill it :pimp: then who will be laughin :rtfm:

9. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    yup, even my stock 125 would do it. it did agaionst a 106 and against an alfa.

10. gazell

gazell Active Member

you should anialate him to your top out speed..i raced a saxo vtr on my runner which was standard except a 180 piston and barrel..and i had a 2 mtr lead to my top out speed of 70

11. frainey

frainey New Member

As im 16 and wanted something to get out and about on.
    Also id rather have my own transport than use piss smelling busses.

12. capri dave

capri dave Active Member

I was big into tuneing up my pinto (engine) in my capri...At 1 point i had a stage 3 big valve head with Rally cam and twin 45 carbs..

If that sounds double dutch it basically means 20mpg around town...but
    it has beat a lot of stuff it shouldnt have away from the lights ;)

Anyway with 60 thou skimmed off the cyl head to raise compression, it
    meant only running on the expensive juice optimax/B.P ultimate...if that also sounds double dutch it basically means it was getting expensive as
    a daily driver to and from work..

so i found out i could ride a 50cc moped/scooter on my car license and went out and bought a speedfight L.C!!!! :emb: yeah i know crap scoot....I didnt have a clue.

Anyway i basically cant leave anything standard for long and soon started buying tuneing goodies for it....I was amazed at how tuneable auto scoots were...And well you can guess how carried away i got..

kundo pipe, Airsal 70 kit, bigger reed block, malossi variator and belt any way eventually the speedfight couldnt take any more and blew up, and now ive got a Runner as well....much better scooter all round :D

Thats basically the story of how i got into scooters :w00t:

13. piaggiozipkid50

piaggiozipkid50 New Member

im 16 at the mo and loving my piaggio zip, fing cars much to boring i love bikes :D

14. MURKEE

MURKEE New Member

some sick stories on here boys.

the london and estate ones pretty much relate with me
    peds are a big thing round here, and if ur in a ped-gang u know the ride-outs
    when everyones got it up on one wheel at 12 at midnight... are just amazing
    my story started just before college when i was turning 16.. all my boys were getting peds so i thought id jump in the boat and get a car when im 17.
    so i started with a aprilia rs50, crashed within 2 weeks.. i know lol. was the other driver's fault and he claimed liability THANK GOD. got my insurance payout for £2000 (yes i know 2 fuckin g's) then i bought a banged up runner 50 and kitted it up. (haugh on this forum has it now) after bangin my 50 about for a few months i bought a 125vx. my 17 birthday came and im getting a car soon. gonna have a 125vx for the sunny days out with the boys thrashing it around on londons streets having jokes and the car for the gash in the backseat ;)

gash means girls btw for the non-londoners

15. Big J

Big J New Member

I mainly got the ped as it was a form of transport and saved me having to get lifts or using the dreaded (pupli transport lol)

16. james

james Member

Yeah i'll go along with that see i was from the era when it was all billy whizz 50's and honda visions and when the typh first landed on the streets of west london around 1994-95 it was all over from that minute so you could say the typh done it for me from that moment on and got me hooked!

17. *James*

*James* New Member

Personally i think typhoons are really shit, especially 183cc blacked out ones :p :pimp:

18. Hursty

Hursty New Member

owned! :punk:

19. ROSSRS

ROSSRS New Member

60 thou!!!?? thats a mil n a half! christ.

20. Kieran

Kieran Active Member

Rides:
    st
    cba to walk everywhere o_O