I think there scooters with a training wheel,for car drivers,who want the best of both world's,but can't make their minds up an take the plunge and do things proper.
.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
Your opinion's on the new powered tricycles.:).
Lol you talking about these? https://www.google.co.uk/m?q=3+wheeled+bmw+scooter&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&espv=1#imgrc=lh6ne918RtqrwM%3A;undefined;http%3A%2F%2Fimages.gizmag.com%2Fhero%2F10195_15100853714.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.gizmag.com%2Fpeugeot-hymotion3-three-wheel-concept%2F10195%2F;529;298
Or actual stabilizers for a scooter????
Or actual stabilizers for a scooter????
https://www.google.co.uk/m?q=stabilizers+for+motorbike&client=ms-opera-mobile&channel=new&espv=1#imgrc=A3WVAlDqkO9XcM%3A;undefined;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.reallyfunnypictures.co.uk%2Fmiscellaneous%2Fpics%2F18.11.06%2Fstabilisers.jpg;http%3A%2F%2Fwww.pistonheads.com%2Fgassing%2Ftopic.asp%3Ft%3D785267;430;300
Surely such a thing would cause damage to the wheel or just get ripped off if it were actually used or clip the curb and probably knock you off.
Surely such a thing would cause damage to the wheel or just get ripped off if it were actually used or clip the curb and probably knock you off.
actually, for somebody like myself who is disabled but still wants to ride to a extent, its not that bad of a idea. Theres some days when I can hardly walk so riding my scooter isn't possible, this would be perfect for someone like me.
In the U.S. you do not need a motorcycle license to ride a 3 wheel scooter. That is why they sell here.
Talking 'bout Piaggio mp thingamajigs,whose front servicing items for the suspension probs cost a packet.
,ohh,and yes - I 've ridden one....deffo not for me - felt weird.
.
ive heard you can get your knee down in a car park on them? yamaha do one now too
These really are not bad for a GY6 powered 3 wheel. I rode, or drove one, not sure what you would call it. It was different, but fun.
Image no longer available
Image no longer available
I ride MP3's nearly every day , as someone above has mentioned , the only reason they sell as well as they do is because of the licence loophole , any bod with a car licence can ride one and they go up to 500cc ( I prefer the 300 ) , they don't feel any different to riding a big scooter like a x9/10 or anything of a similar size , servicing does cost a bomb especially if headstock bearings need replacing ( and they often do) they are also a hydraulic nightmare .
One of the thought's I had concerning them,they have a few at the Piaggio dealers I frequent,whilst they might look fair impressive in part,just looking at the front end arrangement alone.gives me jitters - not exactly an arrangement you'd want to tackle yourself,eeh.?.I ride MP3's nearly every day , as someone above has mentioned , the only reason they sell as well as they do is because of the licence loophole , any bod with a car licence can ride one and they go up to 500cc ( I prefer the 300 ) , they don't feel any different to riding a big scooter like a x9/10 or anything of a similar size , servicing does cost a bomb especially if headstock bearings need replacing ( and they often do) they are also a hydraulic nightmare .
More threads in General Scooter Discussion
| Spark plug changing | 19 Apr 2015 |
| Dellorto and gurtner carburator aerox | 13 Apr 2015 |
| first ride on elyseo... madness at the junction! | 12 Apr 2015 |
| Has anyone used a crank install tool? Buzetti, kiesler | 11 Apr 2015 |
| Main jet | 9 Apr 2015 |
| Malossi mhr RHQ 12mm crank convertion small end | 4 Apr 2015 |
| Which yasuni exhaust to mhr replica aerox | 4 Apr 2015 |
| Carbs and blockages/buildups | 3 Apr 2015 |
| can't figure out what this switch is....??? | 1 Apr 2015 |
| Heat guard bent | 1 Apr 2015 |
