Yh another porting thread lolz

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Thatcharliebre, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Thatcharliebre

Thatcharliebre Member

All right, basically ive got a malossi sport iron cast. I want to squeeze more out of it. (Im also considering getting a gear up kit as my bike has many malossi parts) before u start talking ish about dont port if i dnt know what im doing. What book/s would u recommend me buying? What about flowing the case. Should i raide exhaust port slightly and maybe widen intakes. To be honest i want to make it more like mhr rep or mhr. But wouldnt i need new piston for timing? I dont want a new piston so honestly what should i look at doing to get more power, also i want it to have that power off the line dont wana lose that to be honest. Btw i have a standard crank ahah. Evrrything else is pretty much set up ( by myself ) rollers belt clutch springs and contra so my bike runs allrigt, maybe need to drop needle a bit but meh. What should i do to ports to replicate maybe a better kit like mhr rep. Please help me out guys im not an idiot that dnt kno fhack all. Thanks.
    Yes i already posted this but it was in wrong section i think and noone was replying. Please guys

2. ramo

ramo GoldMember

If its cast iron its hardly worth it tbh

3. Thatcharliebre

Thatcharliebre Member

But im sure theres quite a bit more i can push out of it

4. ramo

ramo GoldMember

The good thing about Cast iron is the reliability which you basically throw out the window when you port lol.. Might be worth touching up the exhaust port and other little bits but by the time you've finished it's gonna be about as reliable as a untouched midrace kit and probably less powerful