Yamaha neos jetting

Discussion in 'Newbie Scooter Tuning' started by Domino_7, Aug 4, 2013.

1. Domino_7

Domino_7 New Member

Evening!

I have recently purchased a 2001 yamaha neos and had a stage 6 pro exhuast on it and a TNT covered airfilter.
    I got the scoot cheap due to it not running correctly. ATM it has 4.25g rollers and size 95 jet. Just wondering if this sounds about right to you? Cheers

2. c0nn0r77

c0nn0r77 Member

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    Try it but you might need to try some lower jets as its a covered air filter but your better off with the standard air box, open air filters just cost more in fuel and don't make a difference in speed with a 50cc

3. Domino_7

Domino_7 New Member

The long term plan is a stage 6 70cc kit. ATM the bike runs ok but if you go along an turn the choke on it accelerates away which leads me to think its running lean ATM. I tried 100 size jet but it didn't seem to like it. I'm puzzled!

4. Domino_7

Domino_7 New Member

£50 :)

Attached Files:

5. c0nn0r77

c0nn0r77 Member

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    That's a deal for £50! It shouldn't be running lean if its got a 95 jet, maybe try the air mixture screw

6. Domino_7

Domino_7 New Member

Ye the plate is worth £150 over here alone. It's looking abit better than it did! Ill try that then cheers

7. c0nn0r77

c0nn0r77 Member

Rides:
    Aerox 70
    You from uk? Never seen a plate like that

8. Domino_7

Domino_7 New Member

Sort of.... From guernsey in the Channel Islands. No letters and black/silver plates are road legal on any age car/bike

My front wheel with new tyre

My variator at max travel with the current rollers

Attached Files: