Yamaha jog weird acceleration

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Dijus, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Dijus

Dijus New Member

Hello, I have this derestricted 50cc yamaha jog and the problem is it's acceleration.
    0-15 kmph it hardly accelerates and the rpm rise quite slow, 15-40 kmph acceleration is very good and rpm rises fast, 40-60 kmph it is VERY slow, it takes about maybe 10 seconds to accelerate if not even more, it varies from time to time, the rpms stay at almost the same and it takes a lot of time to reach 60, 60-70 kmph it goes to normal and the rpm rises steadily and acceleration is fine.
    So what could be the problem? My exhause is leovince tt, everything is derestricted. The rollers are 3 rollers 5g and 3 rollers 3g (it was like this when I bought it).
    Do I only need heavier rollers(thinking of 5.5g)? Or could it be a problem of my carbureator?

Another weird thing that happened is when I drove at fairly cold weather(7 degrees celcius), the scooter acted weird, it accelerated even worse, if I wide opened throttle it even started to bog down, which never happens in warm weather. The same day when the weather got warmer everything went back to normal.