yamaha jog r 50cc lost spark

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by joet2668, Feb 3, 2014.

1. Fabian

Fabian New Member

Hey guys... im having a difficult time loading up the picture

Attached Files:

2. Fabian

Fabian New Member

This is the box im talking about.. its brown... it looked like red at first... something in it just burned.... now my ride starts but non of the function are working , like my horn, speedo and the tank display... yamaha jog coolstyle sa16j. Whats the name of the box and whats it realy for.

3. Fabian

Fabian New Member

I also took some pictures from the inside part.... can it be fixed or do i have to buy another one?

Attached Files:

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper

your scooter requires a battery to run the electronics onboard, its usually to power your rear lights and indicators and feed your cdi a suitable voltage.
    A scooter has two means of making electric, one is via the battery, this is a 12v source only. But you bike also produces mechanical electricity via a spinning magnet and a set of copper coil windings, the problem with the stator is it produces anywhere upto 100v of high flowing elcetric , it is usually used to run your front lights and to feed a high voltage to your spark ignitor coil pack , that same stator alls charges your onboard 12v battery for you so it should never really go to flat nt to start your scooter or run its electrics .

the images you posted are of your Capacitive discharge ignigtion aka the CDI it tells the scooter when to fire the sparkplug at the right time to make the bike run DO NOT PLAY WITH THAT DEVICE !!!

5. Fabian

Fabian New Member

But i had to take it out... it burned... i had to remove it from the bike so i can get the bike to start.... how can i buy such a device... its not even on the internet.... i search and search days on the internet... nothing nada tranada.. do u have a link for me...? I need to replace it .. emergancy

6. Fabian

Fabian New Member

One more thing i check and saw that the bike already has a cdi box... so it aint no cdi box... and why does it say AUDIO-PILOT ON IT. AUDIO STANDS FOR SOUND RIGHT?

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

How many wires plug into that box?

8. Fabian

Fabian New Member

Here is a similare pic i found on the internet its the only one also.... so now that i ride without it... the only thing that doesnt work is my remote backpartiment. All other thind function well .. but i need to ride with a battery.. than all is good.... the burned out box needs a condensor replacemant... do u think its going to work agian if a replace the burned condensor with a new one?

Attached Files: