yamaha aerox spluttering and popping

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Isaac Knight, Jan 10, 2015.

1. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

No idea.
    I met him years back when I had a runner. Can't remember his actual name though.
    Try a bigger main jet. 95 maybe?

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  2. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

Morning dude I’ll try that today bizzle posts about his old aerox I can’t make why his pilot jet is so small I’m thinking is that how he sorted his take out he states on one post

3. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

Copy from an old thread of bizzle

Low speed bogging is usually caused by either carburation or drivetrain issues.
    My aerox has a 17.5mm dellorto with a 27 pilot jet and an 82 main jet with a standard airbox (snorkel removed) and malossi filter. I know you run a 19mm carb with a 105 main jet and 50 pilot jet which seems large to me.
    The problem may lay with the pilot jet as the mixture screw works on idle only three turns out is getting quite lean and this is probably to compensate for the large pilot jet. Dellorto carbs rely on the pilot jet for the first 1/4 or so of throttle opening and this could cause overfueling and bogging until the main jet takes over. Your plug will probably look okay as it will be running mainly on the main jet . Adjusting the needle height can help with this issue.

He statues 27 pilot jet and 82 main jet ?