yamaha aerox spluttering and popping

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Isaac Knight, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

I’ll try the blue clutch springs but that’s for the standard clutch the delta clutch I’ve adjusted it to hardest as it
    is if I set it now to 1 1/2 Go up at quarter to 2 1/2 there is no difference just hesitation

2. Suzukistreetmagic1

Some users say remove Snorkel But really ??

3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Do you have an aftermarket intake manifold? Removing the snorkel only really makes a change at full throttle, on take off there is enough air in your air box for it to mix, unless you are running some crazy high end kit and big carb

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  4. Suzukistreetmagic1

Nope it’s a stadard air box with stage six filter
    Inlet a new one from Ped parts and my reeds are new complete block
    My reeds are 3 strips each side but that’s not making isn’t making it hesitate on take off like I said on standard clutch the whole unit was new pulley contra clutch and springs from Ped parts. It pull away slow and had 4.5 in there as well even tho I put them to 4.0 didn’t make no difference Pedparts said put your delta on see if it’s better yes when it bites animal but the take off isn’t right if say I put the back brake on and rev up keep them up over half of throttle she moves but if I was to ride like a ordinary you get that slow take off 85 main jet
    I fort maybe the pilot jet is to big Ped parts says no I think it’s 37 or 39 not sure
    I’ve got another stadard clutch that’s got the blue springs on and contra blue but haven’t tried yet the inlet is unrestricted one from Pedparts as well have you seen the thread mr bizzle said he had the same problem says s abitch to set up

5. Suzukistreetmagic1

Also I’d like to stay I’ve put shims in behind the front pulley there’s around 6 thin ones because so they say you want the belt at the highest at the rear that’s right ain’t it remember it’s take off issuer now no spluttering once going from 10 15 mph up is good

6. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Put some marks on where the drive face is on both front and rear pulleys and see if the belt is going up both pulleys properly

7. Suzukistreetmagic1

The rear is going up the front is not going fully i already sharpy this on the 50cc but I have opening this powerful rocket pocket yet only to 45 50 130 miles another 20 as they said to wear it in mate what you thinking remember every thing is new stage 6 belt just so you know and thanks for the reply I very much appreciate it believe you me

8. Suzukistreetmagic1

The front don’t ride all the way to the top still black marker there the rear complete gone mate ??

9. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah the front is top speed. So if you haven't gone at top speed it won't ride all the way up the front.

10. Suzukistreetmagic1

Morning mate yeah haven’t gone full speed yet because I’m still wearing it in right about 45 50 mph
    How does that sound alright to you the rear I marked it all up and it all gone

11. Suzukistreetmagic1

I’m just thinking should I put the other standard clutch in that I put the Polini blue springs in and try But I’m not too sure if they’re harder than the white springs

12. Suzukistreetmagic1

Bump
    Clutch springs should be here in the morning
    I have this question?
    why from cold take off hesitation is not there ? but once warm UP and then I stop and pull away again is crap ???
    I tried this last night back brake on full throttle hesitation you can hear trying to pull forward power band kicks in release brake kick up the arse and gone no problem but stopping and going again is nightmare well the clutch springs should be here Saturday
    could it be everything cold the springs are stronger then once warmed up heat losing up the springs
    I really hope it’s the springs in my malossi clutch delta
    I just fort I’d ask that question

Last edited: Oct 6, 2019
  13. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

That again makes me think its a fuel issue.

14. Suzukistreetmagic1

Right tonight I stuck the green mhr springs in and it’s 100 times better well better fast and lifts the front on I’ve got two more setting then set to fully streatch take is so much improved euthanasia the new change tension clutch springs in getting there just a few more tweaking

15. Suzukistreetmagic1

Right then another week of graph to find the fault
    So
    I purchased new sport mhr springs I put the green springs and I set the setting to half jump on bike and she pulled away 90% from that dead slow hesitation was 90% gone take off was good better I was impress now then wait for it today today I went out side and I put them on fully hard
    Along with a few other things head lightblacked out while I was there I had to remove the bucket to feed a alarm Wire for some reason something said start the bike just to make sure everything is order while running I noticed she started to stall I fort wtf I grab the wires that go in to the stator the loom and I couldn’t believe the bike started to and stall on me with back fire I check a few points on the wires and chop the connections off with fresh plugs as I moved them again the bike did it with another connector at this point I started to think that’s why or maybe battery ain’t charging properly I then moved the wires again and it cure it but did it ????????
    So around 5 pm I set off to go work and the missfire splutter like when water was in my carb all throw throttle range was back again I fort maybe it’s the clutch spring set to to hard then I remember about wires so tonight I clean the brand new carb again just for my brain to rest because it’s kinda taken over all my hobbies this bike . I check plug top as you know these come lose it was tight I made sure from previous times
    So an hour ago I jump on here and doing it again
    The only two things I touch was clutch springs to harder and then wires
    If the stator is FUCKED what would it do
    I do not think for one the clutch sorings would course this bike these problems it’s made it better on take off but now it’s back could one if you tell me I know some may say check stator with multimeter I’d rather just buy a new as this may be the the one made since 2003 on it what todo think

16. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Yeah change the stator dude. I've replaced a fair few in my years working on Yamahas.

17. Suzukistreetmagic1

Cool already orderdid

18. Suzukistreetmagic1

Another Quick question the spark plug and running is a BR9es
    Would it be better to put a iridium Br9 I X in or not

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Not a huge difference

20. Suzukistreetmagic1

Okey mate the green springs are so much better tho Pedparts told there’s no point trying the yellow ones on my set up I wounder what they would there harder than the green mhr ones