yamaha aerox spluttering and popping

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by Isaac Knight, Jan 10, 2015.

1. Isaac Knight

Isaac Knight New Member

clean carb and running the right jet as it had been fine for 200 miles, anyone know

2. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

check your compression, also try whipping a new plug in there. but it does sound like the rings are going

3. Isaac Knight

Isaac Knight New Member

good compression mate

4. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

how much?

5. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

should be over 7 kg/f you can get away with 5kg/f but that will mean your rings are going out

6. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

90psi or above on compression test please
    kg/f indeed:rolleyes:

7. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

shut up pint and litre man.... tell me this, you buy a pint of beer, but 30ml of whiskey in a pub, you have MPG but yet petrol is sold by the litre! its madness! how long til we have metric time!

Suzukistreetmagic1 and Stevep like this.
  8. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

Correct. And I believe we are the only country to drive on the right still?
    Thats the British for you:)

9. Isaac Knight

Isaac Knight New Member

well my mates aerox has got 3000 miles and it has the same amount as compression as that

10. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

did you measure the compression? you cant just feel it with, its needs measuring.

11. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

i beleive austalia, india (ok they just drive where ever they want!) and china still drive on the wrong side? sweden used to a long time ago.

12. Filip

Filip Member

The wire that goes on top of your ignition coil, it's either slipped off the pin or the ignition coil has had it. Squeeze the metal bit on the end of the wire so it is a tighter fit on the pin and it should be fine, had an identical problem. Btw, yes, you do know me off Instagram ;)

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  13. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

Are you still alive on here

14. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

This forum is pretty quiet these days seems people just use Facebook these days.

15. Suzukistreetmagic1

I understand that but be nice tho as I struggle this week a lot

16. Suzukistreetmagic1

My bike spluttering again I found the top part of the brand new plug unscrewed I rod about 7 miles with spluttering like made all over the throttle range I got home tighter it up and still splutter do you think it’s killed my plug and hit lead was ok the day before I had cracked it and I was happy but stuck again

17. Suzukistreetmagic1

Bump to anyone that’s reading this so this afternoon after my previous post last night it rained heavy the bike started to splatter all throughout the river range it was ringing alarm bells at the time I did think to myself recording years ago at this with water related get inside the carburettor however today I put a brand-new plug on made sure the top part was tight also carburettor off stripped and cleaned filter box had water in it a little cleaned now the spattering is completely gone away Throw out the throttle range but there is still a hesitation at the start and then it will pull straight away like said a little bit and then automatically is power band around about 5 mph however I did have a standard clutch onrear that was a new when I had that fitted it was creep forward around about 10 mph then it would kick in its now got the Delta malossi delta clutch on the rear white springs for shoes and white contra it now seems that it does kind of bog or hesitate with the original it was a little bit better so could anyone kindly tell me what my next options 85 main jet is in I put the Butterfly clip. To central because it was for the second one from the top of the box but that was advised by Ped Parts to put it in the middle what do you think I should do the now lighter rollers ??? I’ve got 4.0 grams in there most important thing the spluttering has gone away and there is no hesitation to which ever mph want to get to it’s just take off any body recall this fix

18. Suzukistreetmagic1

19. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

Sounds like maybe it's been a fuel issue the whole time.
    Try different clutch springs for the take off splutter.
    If the change of clutch springs doesn't make any difference I would suggest looking at the carb again, possibly the mixture screw can be turned in or out a quarter of a turn.
    It's difficult to diagnose things without riding the bike

20. Suzukistreetmagic1

Hi mate I’ll give it ago today I’ve tried the mixer as it is now and notice no difference on only take off .