Yamaha Aerox side stand?

Discussion in 'Visual Modifications' started by WHIZZER, Jan 14, 2012.

1. WHIZZER

WHIZZER New Member

Hi, could anyone advise me on the best quality side stand to fit on a Yamaha Aerox, my wife has just passed her CBT and is struggling with using the center stand. I would prefer to fit one that fits without removing the original center stand if that is possible?

Cheers ;)

2. Canning1337

Canning1337 Scooter Tuner

Rides:
    Yamaha Aerox 50
    With the Yamaha Aerox's and most other Mopeds, they don't come with a side stand. Although, the Aerox's are able to have side-stands fitted but unfortunately you will need to cut a hole through the "belly-pan" plastic underneath the bike. You can get side-stands from most Scooter Tuning websites, here's a link to one.

http://goo.gl/VkdGb

Let me know if you have any problems or other questions. =)

3. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    some side stands for the aerox can be used with the center stand still fitted, be sure to check this before ordering.

and as said you will have to make a cut in the belly pan for it to come out from

4. Chubz

Chubz Well-Known Member

Rides:
    70cc Aerox 04'
    just make sure you know where you need to cut... my belly pan is a freekin mess because someone didnt measure up first! lol

5. WHIZZER

WHIZZER New Member

Thanks for all replys, I'll let you know how we get on!

6. WHIZZER

WHIZZER New Member

Stand arrived in the post yesterday & fitted it today. Wasn't too keen on cutting into the plastics but used a Dremel to make a tidy job, the stencil that came with the stand was a big help!

7. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    any pics? would love to see it all fitted up both in the down and up position

8. WHIZZER

WHIZZER New Member

I'll take a couple tomorrow 7 post em! ;)

9. WHIZZER

WHIZZER New Member

10. creamsodauk

creamsodauk Ped Ped!!

Rides:
    Runner 125 SP
    hmm thats quite nice, i may invest in one.

id you keep the centre stand or remove it?

11. WHIZZER

WHIZZER New Member

Centre stand is still on, never thought about removing it. I guess it maybe better to leave it on for servicing & maintenance etc.

12. Stathis

Stathis Black Nrg Power 70cc Beast!

Rides:
    Nrg Power 70cc
    nice work cutting that panel ;) looks fine! my Nrg didnt even have a base for the side stand...I went to Piaggio and asked them for a base and they said we give base and stand together for 50euros! o_O fuck that! so i made my own base bought a nice chrome styled stand and wouala! and all that cost me 24euros xD and looks better! :D