Yamaha aerox 100 spark issue PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Kye, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Kye

Kye New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 100
    I have a Yamaha aerox 100cc with:
    Technigas exhaust
    Malossi multivar variator
    Malossi rollers 4g(I think I can't remember which ones I put it have various sizes)
    Stage 6 dellorto 21mm race carb
    Stage 6 inlet manifold & reeds
    Stage 6 boost bottle
    RMS evo race clutch
    Motorforce racing clutch bell
    Malossi Kevlar belt

It's had a new spark plug , new cdi, new ht lead (coil lead) , new stator plate and I've cleaned the flywheel up but I'm only getting a single spark when I initially press the ignition button, not every so often it's only the split second I press the ignition switch in that it's only getting 1 single little spark, I've checked for any cables arcing on the frame etc and there doesn't seem to be any problems I've run out of ideas and hope that someone will of had a similar problem and solved it

Thanks

Attached Files:

2. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    Check your battery voltage , im not to certain but i think your running a DC system , so the coil is getting charged by the battery and not the stator as you would expect from an AC bike. with the battery tryin to feed the coil and getting pulled very low using the starter motor that could be your problem you just dont have enough cranking amps to keep the charge going in the coil and run the starter at same time.

charge the battery off the scooter so when it comes of the charger you have a voltage of around 13+ volts (dont worry that 13v will soon drop to around 12.4v ) , i think you will find with a fresh charged battery the lil aerox should then burst into life ;)

And Welcome to the Scooter Shack Kye

3. Kye

Kye New Member

Rides:
    Yamaha aerox 100
    Thankyou for getting back to me
    I actually work at a battery warehouse and rather than putting the standard yt4lbs 4ah battery in I put the ytz7s in which is a 6/7ah battery with more cold cranking amps it was just a little higher so it fitted perfect in my battery compartment I wouldn't of thought the battery would of been causing this issue i could try charging it and trying it again but I'm pretty certain it wouldn't do a great deal mate

Thankyou for replying though I do appreciate it

I did also speak to some local motorbike dealers one being a Yamaha dealer and they was spratching there heads to what it could be and suggested that the ignition barrel could be shorting out and causing it to cut out as the aerox don't have a kill switch they just have the ignition barrel to cut the engine off

The other guy having raced 2 strokes majority of his life said it sounds like the electric are arcing out on the frame or something else but I did check the loom and nothing looks suspisous all though the previous owner hasn't doesn't the best patching up on the loom itself lol

Anymore suggesting will be taken into consideration and I will give it a shot as I need to get it running and back on the road before the 1st of April for work as I'm moving property further away really want to try and avoid sending it in to a shop because there about £40-£60+ vat per hour and if it's a struggle to find the issue it's going to be one hell of a bill

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you could replace the ignition , but its costing a bit, i would try find a second hand ignition with keys , but that also means swapping out seat locks and likes , unless you keep the old keyset for the seat lock and a sceond hand set for the ignition.

I would triple check all loom leadouts to ground while there to.