Why are people such idiots?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by Jenksy, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Jenksy

Jenksy Member

Rides:
    Lexmoto Titan
    I never cease to be amazed by the number of people on 2 wheels who ride without protective clothing!!! I mean a t shirt and shorts and no gloves, sends a shiver down the spine. Its not "just kids" either. A lot of people my age (50+) and on proper big boy motorbikes screaming along the motorways, weaving in and out of traffic. Even on my little Sym Symply 50 at 30/35mph wouldn't ride without my padded fluorescent jacket and gloves! Its a bit like driving a car with a seatbelt in my case, an automatic thing!!! Its not like you can take CBT or test without being protected so why the change afterwards? Maybe I'm just a pansy, but so be it. And why don't you get points on your licence for not wearing at least some level of protective clothing? Anyway rant over so I'll get off my soap box now! I just don't like the site of blood, especially my own.

2. Mark Emerson Trentham

Mark Emerson Trentham Well Known Member. Staff Member

Rides:
    NSC110/ ET2.
    When you've had gravel rash like you've had a barny with a pissed off sander,broken bones,etc./etc .....it's a no brainer.;.

Stevep likes this.
  3. scubabiker

scubabiker NITROJUNKIE

No gloves gets me, the first thing you do if you fall is put your hands out... goodbye palms....

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  4. Renllek

Renllek Member

I have given up getting irate about the no protective thing, i myself have been guilty of not wearing a padded jacket and just a normal coat, but always wear gloves.

The way i see it as everyone can make their own choices, but if the unfortunate happens dont come bleating to me as you will just get laughed at with "well what did you expect!"

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.
  5. Shamgar81

Shamgar81 Member

Rides:
    Honda Pcx 125
    i would never go anywhere without my protective gear on,having fallen once im thankful i had it on , i shudder to think how much it would have hurt otherwise.