Which Scooter to buy to commute to Central London?

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by KanBrar, Mar 12, 2017.

1. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Are you getting individual quotes? Personally I just use Go Compare or similar.
    Maybe it's a London thing??

KanBrar likes this.
  2. KanBrar

KanBrar New Member

Lol (maybe!) I have tried both gocompare and individual website (i.e. mce). The premium is actually more on the go compare.

3. gilburton

gilburton Active Member

Ok if that's what it says ?
    It's your money but yes in an accident you will have to pay the excess which you get back if it was not your fault.
    Possibly just revise your plans and get a used cheapie until you have some experience and if it gets stolen financially it will be no great loss?

KanBrar likes this.
  4. MrXT

MrXT Active Member

It is a London thing this is why I advise those in London to just get 3rd party and a 2nd hand cut price bike because paying that much excess means you are just buying the fucking bike yourself again if its stolen or what ever.

5. madmags

madmags Member

If I was to choose between these two, I'd go for the SH125, purely because the PCX is very popular with thieves, and the SH125 doesn't attract this much attention. Honda is a great choice - they're reliable, and it's easy to find parts and shops that will work on them.

KanBrar likes this.
  6. KanBrar

KanBrar New Member

Many thanks, the salesman at the Honda dealership was saying the same! also it seems that SH125 has better spec, I am have booked a test ride for both tomorrow.

7. twodogs

twodogs Active Member

Rides:
    scooters
    the sh mode is a good bike not as quick as a shi but a dam site cheaper worth a look

KanBrar likes this.