Which 70 cc kit should I choose ?

Discussion in 'Scooter Tuning' started by Quattro, Apr 19, 2020.

1. Quattro

Quattro New Member

Rides:
    Honda X8RS/SZX50S
    I need some input on which 70 cc kit to choose and why !?!?

* MALOSSI , Cast Iron , Including cylinder head.
    * POLINI , Cast Iron , Excluding cylinder head.
    * 2EXTREME , Cast Iron , Including cylinder head.
    * ATHENA , Aluminium , Including cylinder head.
    * AIRSAL , Aluminium , Excluding cylinder head.

Scooter: Honda X8RS / SZX50S

X8RS.jpg

2. milo2025

milo2025 Trip to Trumpton

I'd go for the Athena. Aluminium's lighter and doesn't rust (but it does corrode) and also you're getting the cylinder head too.

3. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Athena for most power with good exhaust it rips also lasts a lot, other option polini sport.

4. Kossur

Kossur New Member

What exchaust would you reccomend for Athena? Yasuni C16? I have seen couple of those with Athena Sport cylinder. It is indeed 1 ring alu cylinder.I imagine he is talking about Athena Sport cylinder.

5. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

I ran an Airsal sport 70cc (single ring) kit on a speedfight 2 l.c many years ago...

although its a single ring kit the port timings are pretty tame, so a sports pipe runs fine.

Last edited: May 10, 2020
  6. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    The athena`s peak power is at 8600rpm, if u want agressive style more top end go with top nardo, polini for race or stage6 pro, it can run even on c20 but just needs more tuning more work. I would say polini for race or stage6 pro exhaust, not the replica the stage6 pro. Otherwise something little more tamed polini scooter team 4 or stage6 pro replica.

7. Kossur

Kossur New Member

Stage6 pro exhaust very hard to get hands on. I have made ma orders so far from Scooter-attack. C20 very high revvy high end exhaust, Polini team 4 is for cast iron sport cylinders. From one end to another reccomendations ;)

Ofc u mentioned it needs some work to go with c20. Then i would rather go with C16 again? :D

8. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    I said even c20 if he wants to go that far ...... C16 is just a fail of a exhaust. Too bad the c20 is discounted it is the perfect midrace exhaust.

9. Kossur

Kossur New Member

wow first time i hear that about c16. so far over the years everyone has loved c16. Even on midrace-high end cylinders.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  10. Quattro

Quattro New Member

Rides:
    Honda X8RS/SZX50S
    That sounds good !
    I want a LOW Rpm cylinder and a LOW Rpm big volume pipe combination.
    I want the engine and transmission to be strong, drivable and snappy in the bottom.
    I want durability and longevity on the build.
    ( I'm not looking for the ultimate top end Hp. numbers. )
    :)

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  11. The Messenger

The Messenger Active Member

ive got a c16 on my scoot, Im pretty pleased with it... I used to do the daily commute to work every day without any fuss with a mid race cylinder and a C16.

12. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    I think the athena will suite you greatly, it has good powerband and good hp too basic to tune and will last you a lot its really high quality i used to drive athena sport as my first kit. I had polini scooter team 2 on it it was pulling really good.

13. Quattro

Quattro New Member

Rides:
    Honda X8RS/SZX50S
    Yasuni does not have any model of exhaust system for the X8R left in its line-up !

The Yasuni C16 exhaust has its maximum Hp rating @ ~10800 Rpm.
    and have a narrow and peaky register.
    Way too high Rpm for my liking.

14. Quattro

Quattro New Member

Rides:
    Honda X8RS/SZX50S
    Do you have any power and/or torque graphs on the 70 cc Athena cylinder ?

15. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Oh i just saw u have honda well good luck finding good exhaust ....
    s6_sportpro_minaAC-SAtest.jpg
    (Picture credit to svet-skutera.rs)

Yea C16 is nowhere it wants to be midrace but after 11k its dead, its good for iron sport kits for better top end. I would suggest you something like stage6 pro replica if there is for honda i really dont know what exhausts u have to choose from for that scooter.

16. Quattro

Quattro New Member

Rides:
    Honda X8RS/SZX50S
    Do you have a web-page link to that page on svet-skutera.rs ?
    ( I think the above picture is to blurry to get data from )

17. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Its max quality u cant get better than that. You can clearly see the power rpm and the curves. The black line would be something like yasuni R and the red is yasuni c16. The kit will suit your needs its not aggresive its basically same rpm as iron base 70cc kits just its aluminium with one ring and has more hp.
    Here is tests with sport pro mk2 and there is the stage6 sport promk1 which is athena sport u can see the curve and rpm with leovince zx , they are fairly close cylinders, realistically i think you dont know what u want :)
    https://www.pedparts.co.uk/blog/stage6-sport-pro-mkii-cylinder-kits-a-closer-look

Last edited: May 13, 2020
  18. Quattro

Quattro New Member

Rides:
    Honda X8RS/SZX50S
    1. Which curve in the diagram above belongs to the Athena cylinder ?

2. Yes I have seen that PedParts test, but no Athena cylinder in that test.

19. Damjan

Damjan Active Member

Rides:
    Baotian Falcon 50R
    Dude i just literally wrote you STAGE6 SPORT PRO MK1 = ATHENA SPORT is the same cylinder just stage6 name, athena was making them for stage6 back at the time, now the new MK2 cylinders are made in taiwan.