Wheels to work...

Discussion in 'General Scooter Discussion' started by grindey5490, Apr 2, 2007.

1. grindey5490

grindey5490 New Member

Anyone heard of the above scheme? I got told about it at work today that I can have a brand new 2007 scooter, insurance, gear and CBT (ive already done cbt though) all for £10 a week! Then after a year I can buy it cheap! Sounds pretty good to me, but I don't know what scooters they have yet! (best not be some shitty chinese thing!) It's only for people in rural areas though I think and I don't know if everyone can do it (I work at a place that does bike training and stuff). I think you have to have/get a job though.

Anyone heard anything about it before? Is it worth it?

2. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

I think there was an article in TaG a couple of years ago, I didn't know it was still going. Seems like a good way to get onto two wheels. Chinese mopeds aren't necessarily "shitty", just less stylish than others. What really lets them down is the dodgy dealers who sell some of them.

3. Nitro gurl

Nitro gurl New Member

we got posters up in college about it.

i could get one to college nd back but i dnt see the point as i can catch the bus just as easy

4. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Do they tell you what type of scooter?

5. Nitro gurl

Nitro gurl New Member

no i've only quickly scanned it as i went past it was my mum that pointed it out :emb: didnt really see

6. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Tut tut you kids... never pay attention.... :D

7. Nitro gurl

Nitro gurl New Member

i know i really should :emb:

it might actually be better than takin the bus to college and i be able to use it to go up to work on and go see wobbly (well the days hes not here anyway) lol

8. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

That's the general idea. I assumed you had a bike? (Nitro gurl)

9. Nitro gurl

Nitro gurl New Member

lol no. wobblys my bf i usually ride with im pillion lol

it got pointed out to me that it is the make of my helmet lol

:emb:

10. grindey5490

grindey5490 New Member

Seems a bit too good to me though, because surely they would be losing out loads?

11. Nitro gurl

Nitro gurl New Member

if you payin so much a week it will pay towards the cost of things shouldnt it?

12. JakeSP

JakeSP New Member

Probably government funded ;)

13. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    a friend of mine did this, he had a piaggio zip 50, restricted, summat like £10 a week, government funded. it's ok but they inspect the bike every so often to make sure its still restricted.

14. grindey5490

grindey5490 New Member

shit!, theres always a catch! Maybe I could quickly restrict it again before they inspect it!? Might still do it though, give me time to sort my aerox pile of shit out! :D

15. grindey5490

grindey5490 New Member

Got me new scooter today. It's an 07 sym jet scooter 50cc, not what I would of chosen but i quite like it! :D

I got a free multicoloured helmet :emb: , flourescent (sp?) jacket, waterproof overalls and a massive chain! Tax and insurance is free, scooter is £10 a week and after a year I can buy it for £80 , so in total £600.

Anyone know much about these scooters, are they reliable etc. How fast derezzed?

16. JakeSP

JakeSP New Member

Dunno about the new sym's but the old ones were (as far as i know, surprisingly) bulletproof!

17. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

That's a result! Sym Jets are a nice bike, and you could always have a "project" bike on the side...

18. grindey5490

grindey5490 New Member

Yeah I've got an aerox that keeps pissing me off all the time so now I can take the engine out, 70 it and bigger carb etc, without having to rush. So I can keep my sym standard for reliability but then have my aerox for a bit more speed! :w00t:

19. px166bajaj

px166bajaj Active Member

Funnily enough, I snapped this pic yesterday, of a SYM Jet Euro X exhaust. Do you know what the round bit above the exhaust is? The dealer didn't know either...
    [​IMG]

20. tErr0

tErr0 Administrator Staff Member

Looks like the cat to me. Just mounted in a weird place.