Whats happened?

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by pricey, Dec 2, 2006.

1. pricey

pricey Member

Alright Guys,

Last night i left my katana at my cousins house for a few hours while i went out with him, then when i went back to it, it wouldnt start for ages, then it did start, (it has only not started like this once before), so i set off back home and the thing felt like it wasnt revving as high as usual and the acceleration was fcukin terrible and it wouldnt go over about 25-30mph.

When it did go higher than this down a hill it would vibrate like a bitch and i sounded like a sort of wallowing noise for the engine when it was at high revvs( lower than normal tho)

Does any have any ideas what it could be?

the bikes a 1998 Katana Liquid Cooled.

I thought it may have over heated? or could hopefully be the variator nut or something.

Just seemed wierd why it wouldnt go any faster, felt like it was restricted to about 25mph.

Please help as i am completely stuck.

P.s iv had a new barrel and piston fitted about 800miles ago, along with a new sports exhaust, multivar and belt. (just incase this helps anyone?!)

2. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    could be choke related.. could have prematurely melted the rings (800 miles aint new) and if the jetting is off for the pipe then you can kill rings in under 100 miles.. thas probably worst case scenario tho m8 so check the obviouse things. could just be a really dirty filter

3. wobbly_trials

wobbly_trials Active Member

Rides:
    RD350, SR125, ICE125
    or it could be (this seems to be my most posted thing ever) main bearings or big-end. the mains would have damaged a crank seal whick in turn lowers bottom-end compression making it harder to get the fuel mix up the side of the barrel, therefore makes starting a bitch and reduces power.

4. pricey

pricey Member

Turns out I have a flat back tyre Gave my bike a quick check over earlier and realised that. Ialso just need to upjet slightly and get a gasket for tranny cover as well.

So it wasnt anything major, just need to get it changed. I heard a quiet hissing noise yesterday as i went to put my disc lock on thats why i thought i may be overheating

Anyway glad its nothing too serious, pumped it up for time being and its going better again.

Whats tyre shall i go for? pilot sport? i have a metzeler 7teen on there or something and that has done me fine so far.

cheers for the advice before! :w00t:

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
  6. neosman

neosman Member

lol nice one, didn't you notice it when you went round corners?!?!?!

7. pricey

pricey Member

Lol na, cos it was only goin so slow. I could walk round corners faster than that thing was cornering. :w00t:

8. neosman

neosman Member

LOL i see :w00t: :msn1: