What would be better for what I have in my ped

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by Luke Farmer, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Luke Farmer

Luke Farmer New Member

hi I have an aerox with a polini variator, polini clutch springs and polini belt with a stage 6 exhaust and stage 6 3.5g rollers and a 80 main jet.

I don't know whether to change my exhaust from a stage 6 to a Yasuni exhaust and hope that will sort out my pull off problem ?

2. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

You havent described what problem you are having!? If its a slow pull away then it could be the rollers or the clutch springs. Work that out first before buying a whole new exhaust system.
    Stage 6 exhausts are fine so work over the whole system removing all restrictions, opening up the air flow with an open cone air filter, match that increase of air with an upjet and carb tune. Restrictors may include one in the exhaust, one in the variator.
    What issues are you having?

3. Buzz

Buzz Active Member

Just seen your other post in the tuning section. Try stiffer clutch springs.

4. Tamiyacowboy

Tamiyacowboy Pippa's Owner

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    clucth springs to weak and opening it way before pipe its its powerband spread, there for you harness the inital stage of power then its just slacks off, then about 20-30mph all hell lets loose and bike flys along.

problem is your clutch is engaging to soon bogging out the power, so stiffer springs allow the motor to get up high into rpm where it produces torque ( two strokes need a lotta rpms to produce torque if you loose rpms you loose torque and that means lower take off speeds ), when the clutch opens out the motors already at high rpm and producing shed loads of torque its got plenty of power so it can pull the lower gear super easy without bogging down due to slight power loss via transmission drag

Suzukistreetmagic1 and Buzz like this.
  5. Luke Farmer

Luke Farmer New Member

So
    what is it I need a torque big spring or the 3 small shoe spring

6. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    the small shoe springs , they govern when the clutch opens out you want the medium - hard springs . i would go mediums , email the scooter store and ask then what colour the medium springs are , pedparts you can phone them and andy will be helpful to tell you what colour would be best .

7. Luke Farmer

Luke Farmer New Member

So i need to replace the clutch shoe springs and nothing else

8. Tamiyacowboy

Rides:
    Piaggio Skipper
    you got pollini clutch springs fitted so you should be seeing some low down pull, if your not maybe adding a stiffer clutch spring and a stiffer contrast spring would help , its hard to say as these are the final stage tweeks a rider does to set up the bike to his like , one riders setup may not be another riders cuppa tea if you get my drift

if your running a stock contrast spring upgrade it have a try then if you want that clutch to snap a little more later go with heavy clutch springs

clutch springs = tell the clutch when to open out at a set rpm governed by the spring stiffness.

Contrast spring tells the rear pulley when to shift to low-high ratio when your on the throttle /off the throttle

if your running a full setup but a stock contrast spring the system is not very well tweeked until you get the rear pulley tensioned up right , the mallosi variator comes with a contrast spring to help engage wher ethe polini does not and i think thats what your missing the contrast spring balance, ie your shifting from low ratio to high ratio to quick so a stiffer contrast spring (30% over stock ) should help

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  9. Luke Farmer

Luke Farmer New Member

I am running it on a polini variator with stage 6 3.5g rollers and blue polini springs shoe and torque

Suzukistreetmagic1 likes this.
  10. Suzukistreetmagic1

Suzukistreetmagic1 Member

Sounds like mine