what speed can i expect?

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by ryan hanley, Jun 3, 2013.

1. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

hah, we will just have to see, just going to be happy to have it back, ill let you guys know what speed i get haha

2. Storm

Storm Member

Rides:
    Nothing atm
    wait and see, find a big downhill and who knows??

Scooter-Noob likes this.
  3. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Don't forget to run it in first or it may seize.

4. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

need help guys, im getting back today, but, he said the rollers need changing, on a hill it cant
    get past 12 mph, but when its on flat and hits power band it absolutely flies

5. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Sounds like they're too heavy.

6. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

i thought thats what it was, ill have to try when i get it back soon

7. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Heavier weights fully engage the variator at lower revs , this may seem okay on the flat although acceleration will be pants . The engine will really struggle going uphill as it cant rev high enough and get into it's powerband
    The problem is a small two stroke motor has a very limited powerband which is usually quite high in the rev range, heavy weights engage a high gear ratio too early and prevent the engine reaching it. A well weighted variator will keep the engine in the powerband and engage progressivley. Too light a weight and it will rev it's nuts off and get nowhere as the variator will not fully engage.

8. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

well im going to put some lighter ones in and hope it works, i had a simular problem when i first got an exhaust, and not too bad at tuning the variator, as long as that is the problem

9. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    dont drop too much on the rollers a 0.5g drop is 3g over 6 rollers and a 3g drop when your fine tuning is a lot.
    it just a bit at a time.

10. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

i will give that ago, i really hope its as simple as changing the rollers, and not meesing about with the clutch and stuff, because i dont know much about the clutch

11. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

Really need help, i put the smallest rollers i have in, 3g, and it reved a little more, but still, i took it across the street and it didnt hit power band,, and it bogged a little bit, what should i do?

12. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    take it back and say i paid you for a working bike now make it work

13. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    the problem you have it so manny things have been done at the same time and you dont know the set up of the other parts so your going to have problems..... A LOT

14. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

it cant be much more than carb and transmission tho can it

15. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    it could be bad squish on the cylinder making low power, or clutch, or carb, or belt too wide, or rollers, or bad spacing on the front pulley, or spark plug.

The thing about makeing a custom bike is that its custom. so it could be anything

16. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

i dont know what to do then, i think a friend of my dads is going to have a look at it for me, we will just have to see, and btw, i got about 12mph out of it to answer my original question ha

17. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    be honest how much did you pay for the work doing?

18. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    looking at the spec's of the items you have got it should not be a hard set up, the piston kit would run ok ish on stock rollers if it had to so the problem is probable the clutch been too soft. also that set up should work fine with the 19mm phbg card you got.

19. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

if it was squish or plug gap, it wouldnt be revving up on the flat. try jacking the back end up the the wheels off the floor, then wind back the throttle and see if it revs up. if it does then its your rollers, if it doesnt then its squish/plug gap/carb

20. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

i paid 520 for the work, and it revs, but if i go full throttle quickly it bogs, so i think i need to up jet, and i bought a 21mm last week because the 19mm wasnt big enough, i think its running lean too from what ive researched, i put in 3g rollers, so now i think its the clutch maybe or the contra spring, i dont know...