what speed can i expect?

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by ryan hanley, Jun 3, 2013.

1. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

MBK is a rebadged yamaha...............

2. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    LMAO. sorry but your a mug.

ryan hanley likes this.
  3. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    i would be taking legal advice to avoid paying, he should not take on a job he cant do. and no matter what he says the job would take a normal lad with basic tools a few hr's in a shed. jetting is a different matter but a day max.

Me thinks he as broken something or fucked something up for it to be taking so long.

Anything over £150 and i would hit him with the bike.

4. ramo

ramo GoldMember

Lol wut he can't set idle mix but he's working on moto gp bikes? I would have had a fight with this joker by now. Deffo having you on a bit..

5. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

call the man a cunt and hire me at £40 an hour

6. ramo

ramo GoldMember

The only downside to being a mechanic is your earnings are limited by your conscience :p

7. A-LY

A-LY Active Member

i spend so much time working on other peoples shit, i never have time or effort to work on my own bikes :confused:
    spent like the past 3 months doing the engine on my crosser, a bolt a week! :cool:

ramo likes this.
  8. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Actually it's the other way around MBK make the bikes in France then badge them as Yamaha..

9. Nathanael

Nathanael Active Member

What about the current bikes? I know my YBR is built in china and it shows in the quality of the paint finish.........

Think piaggio stuff is chinese built now too

10. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    Italy and Japan. japan good, china bad.

11. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Yup, Piaggio are now built in China. But there's a difference in quality between bikes built in China for Piaggio and bikes built with Chinese names.
    The strange thing is Boatian are built in China and are of a reasonable quality, but there are visually identical bikes built in other factories that are utter shite. It's all down to price and the quality of the components, and build quality. I've seen them with the frame welds that look like pigeon poo.

12. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    Also France good (MBK = Yamaha)

13. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    The parts are not made in France there just put together in France a third world contrary can do that for £1 a day.
    but i 50/50 agree with you france is a good place.

14. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    china have silly laws on copy rights. that is why chines bike all look the same but some are a hell of a lot better that others.

did anyone see the episode of top gear where they went to china to look at the copy cars. there was a 100% BMW M5 copy by a chines brand and BMW went to the chines court for copy right infringement and they said there was no case and threw BMW out of court.

the chines are VERY good and making cheap copy's of things, Doppler will spend £10,000 making a new part they will makes it perfect in every way and be happy, then they send it to chine where they take it to bits and mass produce is for about £17 each including shipping (order over 10,000). then doppler pass on the saving by charging us £100 each.

15. Mr Bizzle

Mr Bizzle Active Member

Rides:
    04 Aerox 70 stage 6
    I know a guy iwho owns a motorcycle parts business and he regularly visits China to have parts made, He told me that they are now getting better at making parts to a higher standard. He wanted some pistons and they offered him a cheaply made one which was about good enough to turn upside down and use as an ashtray, a medium quality one which was okay and a best quality one which was pretty good. The difference in the unit price between the shite one and the good one was a couple of pence, he was surprised to find that a lot of dealers buy the cheapest one. He bought the best ones and has no problems with them.

16. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    but when they sell 10,000 at a time. is 10p difference is a lot £1000. i also know a guy with a scooter shop(big one but no names mentioned) and he as parts made over there, when he as exhaust made he must order 1,000 at a time. cylinder kit's are 500 at a time. but for a clutch bell there wanted an order of 10,000 as there so cheap, He didnt bother with that one.

17. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

quick update, the bike revs like mad now but dies after couple mins then you have to wait for carb to fill, so getting a 21mm carb and it should be running well

18. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    so you have the bike at home now?

19. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

no its still there, and he told me theres no way he can chrage me for the amount of hours hes put int it

20. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    yer 3hr would be a rip off i agree.