what speed can i expect?

Discussion in 'General Tuning' started by ryan hanley, Jun 3, 2013.

1. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

i have a sym jet sport x sr 50 (2012), which i bought from new a year and a half a go, i have recently purchased these parts:
    -Polini variator,
    -Leo vince zx-r,
    -Stage 6 street race 70cc,
    -Top racing crankshaft, -
    -Stage 6 clutch,
    -Malossi 19mm carb,
    -Stage 6 big filter,
    -1500rpm torque spring,
    -Motoforce clutch bell,
    -Stage 6 roller weights(4.75),
    -Malossi bearings and oil seals,
    -Malossi primary gear up kit,,,
    -All purchased and sitting here, just waiting for my local mechanic to give me a date for it to be fitted,
    -Total cost came to around £650,
    plus £200-£250 for fitting.

and i am wondering what speed i should expect?!? thanks....

Attached Files:

• 631.jpg
      631.jpg
      File size:
      65 KB
      Views:
  2. millsy

millsy "MORE SMOKE MORE POKE" ;)

Rides:
    Gilera runner 172
    How longs a peace of string ?

All peds are different, you could use identical tuning parts on identical peds and the results could be miles apart

3. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

i was just looking for a general idea thats all, i know i wont know properly until i actually try it.
    Thanks.

4. Scooter-Noob

Scooter-Noob God among idiots

Rides:
    AEROX in box's :-D
    50ish.

DOnt fut the torque spring, on a sports set up you tend to go softer not harder. Just use the stock one

5. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    Where did you get the crank from because there not the best. And for the same price you can get a motorforce that again is not the best but are bettet

6. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

i rung up ped parts for the crank, i wanted a better one but not many fit my bike, and only 50, thought it would be a little more than that.
    Thanks.

7. Tom Darbyshire

Tom Darbyshire New Member

Rides:
    1998 Yamaha Aerox

...It will be a lot more more in the 60s with a 70 kit

8. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

i hope so, still havent got it back from the garage, alot of things have had to be made to make everything fit, should have it back tomoz so i will let people know.

9. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    he has had to make things to it fit? bolt on parts? i would keep a close eye on the bill. you have got nothing that should need custom work. 1hr to fit the lot by me so a garage with all the right tools and know how should have no problem. its the setting up that takes time.

10. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

hes had to make a fitting for the carb, hes made my mud guard longer so water doesnt get into the air filter, and 2 bolts on the cylinder didnt line up correctly so he designed 2 high tensile studs, also after all of this hes now having to make the exhaust fit. :(

11. ramo

ramo GoldMember

These kinds of jobs are mostly easy ways to rack up the labour charge IMHO..

Definitely get a set price/tell him you're on a budget before he starts making custom exhaust brackets or whatever he wants to do next lol ;)

12. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    there is only 6 bolts on the cylinder. 4 that fix it to the engine cases and 2 that hold the exhaust on, NONE should need modifying in any way.

also if you got the right exhaust for the bike it should also need NO modifying.

if you know anyone that as a clue about this sort of a thing i would take then to pick up the bike with you. at around £40 per hr(if he cheap), saying they had to make a few things is an easy way to charge you extra £120+

i hate garages i know a lad why paid £500 for a new kit+fitting, it was a stock 50cc runner cylinder. they see who dose not know anything and milk them.

13. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    i think i see the problem with the exhaust, and they may be right.

-Leo vince zx-r, - as a flanged fitting to the cylinder.
    -Stage 6 street race 70cc - has a flat deck, the flanged fitting would pull the exhaust back about 10mm making it a pain to fit.

i made the same mistake with an ZX-r and a athena HP

14. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

i know, im annoyed but he does know what he is taking about, its ped parts that screwed me over, i asked them everything, i asked if everything would fit my bike, and it didn't, and i'm not looking forward to the bill he is going to give me, but i am excited to get the bike back..

15. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

now the bike wont start because 'there is too much power', so now i may have to get a new ignition system!!!!!!!!!

16. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    NO there is not, what as happened here is the garage as fuck up the job. there is NO way the parts you have would not start if fitted and set up right. how much have you paid for this shit service?

17. Scooter-Noob

Rides:
    you have got a sparts kit, sports exhaust and a 19mm carb all other parts have nothing to do with it. that is not too much power that about 9bhp.

18. ryan hanley

ryan hanley Member

Thats exactly what i thought, it should easily start, but thats it now, hes on holiday for a week so im walking around still.

19. Burridge

Burridge Ambulance selfie King

Rides:
    MZ TS125 #swag
    Damn that was alot of money to spend on a Sym :eek:
    I spent 70 quid on my sym jet :D

20. antman1992

antman1992 Member

Rides:
    Aerox
    well am on a aerox the R version still standard 50 cyclinder leo vince TT pipe Stage6 pro variator 4.5g rollers and i shit you not down bypass clocked at 62 by a zx600r i was like wtf thinking he was pulling my leg at start but he was adamit it was legit so was his gf on the back of his back not that i will do them speeds again as i hate ragging peds around XD