What oil to put in honda nsc50r drive

Discussion in 'The Workshop' started by mrorange26, Aug 21, 2021.

1. mrorange26

mrorange26 New Member

Hi there does anybody know what oil to put in the drive on 2012 nsc50r thanks.

2. mrorange26

mrorange26 New Member

Is it 10w-30 in engine and drive.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2021
  3. Stevep

Stevep Well-Known Member

A 5w-30 or 10w-40 semi in the engine will be good enough for the engine or you can use a JASO MA2 rated motorcycle oil if you prefer.
    Neither will make a difference as you have a dry clutch set-up.
    For the gearbox use 80-90 gearbox oil

Bruno Baragatti likes this.
  4. Bruno Baragatti

Bruno Baragatti New Member

Hello recently I bought a scooter NSC50R Honda 2015.

Please someone can help, what oil I have to use in this scooter, and what is the difference between gearbox and transmission, I have to use oil on this two parts. Have to use oil in this two part of this motor?

I've been looking same thing like this.

Thanks

5. GillyBilly218

GillyBilly218 No doors No whores

Rides:
    Runner 218cc
    It is not the same oil for the engine and for your gearbox, i would recommend looking into the manual for specific details about the viscosity and such and what brand oil to use and if you do not have access to a manual then one should be able to find it on the internet for your specific model :) but as Stevep has mentioned 10w-40 will be more than fine,of course from a reputable brand such as liqui-molly,Castrol,motul and etc..., regarding your gearbox oil i would recommend liqui-molly's 80-90 gearbox oil as it is a quality product :cool:

6. GillyBilly218

GillyBilly218 No doors No whores

Rides:
    Runner 218cc
    Greetings mate, the gearbox would generally be used for the gearing and transmission for your CVT system so all the parts that consist of your CVT :) for your gearbox you definitely have to use oil as i have recommended in Mr orange's post, liqui-molly's 80-90 gearbox oil, for your transmission you do not need any oil. Your engine oil i would recommend the same as i have in my previous post,any 10w-40 from a reputable brand but again always best to consult the owner's manual :)

Mark Emerson Trentham likes this.