what now

Discussion in 'Maxiscooter Tuning' started by monty9120, Jan 27, 2007.

1. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    right my runner is now a 172. its running great.

it has a 180 variator and 180 clutch. but i have 15.5 grams in at the moment and when you throttle you fell the rollers jump to a too high gear.

anyway 12.4s going in on monday

im putting my 180 gears in as well to get a little more top speed for long runs

so what other things can i get for it?? im not interested in a pipe really.

im thinking of a 25mm carb and malossi burger filter in the future

what about clutch springs, what colour, what about a contra spring

what can i do to improve my bike that isnt that expensive but will do something

many thanks :pimp:

2. bEN

bEN Active Member

Rides:
    Ducati 848
    If your doing things like clutch springs bigger carb etc, why not go for a pipe ?

3. abz

abz Member

get a scorpion there good for mild tuned machines i would go for the 25ml carb first then get the clutch springs and contra spring id go for blue clutch springs , and white contra spring

4. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    dont like the storys about them all snapping

if i was going to get one then it would be a technigas as mine on my speedy 100 was solid as a rock and my bike shaked like fcuk.

but there meant to be shit

so what would you reccomend springs whit contra spring. what does a contra spring do

cheers

5. MiNoR cOnFuSiOn

MiNoR cOnFuSiOn Administrator Staff Member

Rides:
    et2 monster
    a contra spring sets the pressure on the rear pully.. affecting how much pressure is needed by the upshifting variator during accel to seperate the clutch pulley (move through gears) you will only notice anything on accell if your belt slips. when you off the throttle the revs usually drop off.. a stiffer contra spring holds the revs a little anfd gives more "engine braking".. also better for wheelying as the revs dont drop out of the powerband when you off the throttle..

i would sudgest not using one if you run premix tho as it holds the revs high at no throttle.. meaning your hitting easily half revs at idle setting on the carb.. this means no oil basicly.

6. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    i get you.

well im thinking next some clutch springs as my bike ticks over and you can feel the clucth engaging slightly. so i want some stiffer sprinsg to stop this happening

also want a 25mm carb and filter as well

funds are low just brought myself a ford fiesta as well.

i had a car before but insurance was too much. i told myself if i get another one i want to be able to keep my ped as well :pimp:

7. LUXY D

LUXY D New Member

u sure ur idle just aint too high?

i had a yellow contra spring on mine & it bit LOVELY! but yea deffo effects engine braking alot more aswell!

might have just been on my setup but i tried std then white then yellow spring & yellow was deffo the best

8. monty9120

monty9120 Active Member

Rides:
    Vespa gts300
    yer i turned the idle down last night

its just that when the carb was checked they said it was a little sticky so revs dont drop as well as they should when the clutch is disingaged