Scooter Shack Scooter Forum
The UK's biggest automatic scooter forum.
Scooter Shack is now a read-only archive. Over 20 years of scooter knowledge (2006–2026) is preserved here. New posts, replies and accounts are closed.
ForumsThe Tuning CenterScooter Tuning

WHAT EXHAUST

Discussion in Scooter Tuning started by Anonymous, 11 Oct 2007
kyle1b1#21
djclass said:
I don't no yet I havent brought it probley a mallosi 70cc kit

right you have got to be taking the micheal now. :msn1:

find out what cylinder your getting then somebody can tell you the answer to your question.
L_Bo#22
what's wrong with technigas? I ask because here in the states there isn't a wide selection to choose from, I just installed a used Next R on my 50cc and it is a huge improvement.

Just curious why everyone dogs them.
alexsr70#23
ino exactly why they get loadsa bother on here






cos there shit :msn1:

simple mate
Jamie#24
they have poor build quality, and not many people have had very nice experiences with them
neosman#25
they are badly constructed exhausts when, for the same price (even less in some cases) you could get a better performing pipe for your money.
J-Nitro#26
L_Bo said:
what's wrong with technigas? I ask because here in the states there isn't a wide selection to choose from, I just installed a used Next R on my 50cc and it is a huge improvement.

Just curious why everyone dogs them.

everyone dogs them because of the poor build quality in comparison to other exhausts for example a next r would set you back aorund £90 over here chromed

where as on the other hand if you squeezed out on a bit more (£10ish) on a say a brand new laser x pro pipe you wont be prone to as much rust, you wont have to worry about for exhaust blowing every stop at the lights

and you wont have to polish it every second like the tecniwank because it starts to turn orange and blue everywhere, the tecnigas mounting brackets are truly awful too with no adjustment on them like a leo vince or a laser and the paint on them is absoulety shit and peels off when you show them a drop of rain

even the shops that sell them tell you the tecnigas chrome is purely for show, indicating they cant be bothered to spend a little more and make proper chrome-coated ones

the main reason is really is because of the build quality and its been said many times before

ow and another thing: time your self and see it takes to fit a tecnigas properly compared to any other ones, they are about the hardest exhausts Ive fitted due to the lack of adjustment at the manifold and the fixing bracket on the frame
L_Bo#27
Funny you mention the chrome plating, I knew that was weak. I bought it used (1/2 cost of new) and it has some surface rust. When I installed it everything fit but I noticed the acorn nuts at the exhaust port are now tweaked, bent inwards pointing towards each other. It's on tight but afraid to remove it. Next time it comes off so will the skirt and piston for a 70cc upgrade anyway.

<----- wishes we had better selection of goods in the US.
BeeWizz#28
Hey Guys im all new to this, i got a yamaha BW's and im hittin like 55 downhill. Everythings stock but i think the exhausts been de-restricted. Well its to slow so any1 got any ideas?I was thinkin of performance exhaust??? Help please
Hursty#29
firstly introduce yaself.. secondly do u need glasses to see the Guides button on the site ?

http://scootershack.co.uk/sportexguide.html

ben.

More threads in Scooter Tuning

Best Aerox stunt setup?9 replies14 Nov 2007
Yet another Jet question!10 replies13 Nov 2007
Restrictions6 replies12 Nov 2007
What exhaust???2 replies11 Nov 2007
Aerox Jets15 replies11 Nov 2007
how to de-restrict KEEWAY F-ACT?5 replies7 Nov 2007
Help!5 replies5 Nov 2007
70 kit and crank20 replies4 Nov 2007
jetting/setup advice on polini 70cc minarelli ac motor3 replies4 Nov 2007
Stage6 PWK 21mm Racing Carb1 replies3 Nov 2007